As a great philosopher once said, "Life has taught us that love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." Antoine de Saint-Exupery. So another said, "Que será, será."
"You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore. You shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Ay, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God. But let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another, but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone, Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.
Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping. For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts. And stand together yet not too near together: For the pillars of the temple stand apart, And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each others shadow."
- Kahlil Gibran
• Business Tech & Management Consulting
• Latin & Tango dancing
• TEDx Speaking in progress
• Working on social causes to advance civil rights
• Listening, carefully
• Raising three children
The Alchemist, The Great American StickUp,
Tragic Sense of Life by Miguel de Unamuno, Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle, Fundamental Principles of the Metaphysic of Morals & The Critique of Pure Reason by Immanuel Kant, Existentialism Is a Humanism & Being and Nothingness by Jean Paul Sartre, Randall Ottinger's "Beyond Success," The International Encyclopedia Of Public Policy And Administration. and on a more recent note "The Divine Summit: A Love Story" by Steven Panzer, Ph.D - a must read if you are serious about finding your true love.
[ Movies ]
Tangled, Shrek, Despicable Me, Finding Nemo... oh and - Cinema Paradiso, The Mission, Cloud Atlas, Love Actually, Meet Joe Black, The Chorus (Les Choristes), The Piano, The Pianist, Malena....etc.
[ Shows ]
Power, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Homeland.
[ Music ]
Film Scoring, Tango, Salsa, Latin Pop, Jazz, Classical, Gregorian Chant
[ Food ]
2. Physics, Metaphysics, and other "ysics"
• How incredibly small and magnificently large things are.
• 90% of our body mass is comprised of star dust, except for Hydrogen & Hellium.
• According to astronomers, 400 Million stars are born each day!
( and to think that we are looking for 2 / 400 million, groovy )
• The entire amount of data on the internet, if weighed by its electron equivalent would compare to the weight of 1 strawberry. Imagine how much more data that would be if you and I dipped it in chocolate! Oops, I think I just ate the internet.
• The difference between modern humans and Neanderthals is around 202 mtDNA base pairs. In contrast, the difference between chimpanzees and modern humans is approximately 1,462 mtDNA base pairs.
• According to the Ames Lab, an iPhone has about 75 elements in it—two-thirds of the periodic table.
= [ (If you help) + (we collect) ] / 2
• You believe that we are not alone in the universe.
• You and I are part of the/a Universe, and have the possibility to add/subtract from our collective universe.
• You have not been abducted by aliens (recently)
• You believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
• You have the ability to laugh in 3 languages and in the key of A, E, and C.
• Your skin doesn't have any names of your ex boy/girl friends tattooed on it.
• You have the propensity to dance and enjoy doing so.
• You agree that aroma can have life altering consequences on humanity, and therefore practice good hygiene.
• Your atomic and subatomic sensibilities are balanced in all of their respective polarities.
• You're using all 86 billion neurons peacefully