New shorter profile! In bulleted form:
- My life has a constant streaming soundtrack. I have 25,000 songs on my computer/iPod and it's growing every day. Need input.
- I'm a good cook. I did my family's thanksgiving dinner last year by myself.
- I'm a nerd and proud. It pays the bills! Plus I was nerdy before it was cool.
- I'm equally likely to be the loud guy at a party or the quiet guy depending on the crowd I'm in.
- When I become interested in something, I learn as much as I possibly can about it and try to become an expert.
- I love movies. Comedy, horror, drama, chick flicks, action, love it all. I own well over 200 DVDs. The indie theater/midnight movies are a favorite activity of mine that I don't get to do nearly often enough.
- I know a lot about cars, especially muscle cars. I own a 69 Mercury Cougar that I don't get to drive enough.
- I play guitar poorly.
- I take the train to downtown LA for work every day. This affords me time to read and nap and pretend I'm saving the environment when in reality it's a wholly practical decision.
- I've been a gamer since I was a kid and continue to do so to this day. But I don't use it as an excuse to not leave the house.
- I've spent way too much money on toy plastic instruments for video games.
- I take full advantage of working right across the street from LA's biggest library.
- I'm a huge fan of Mixed Martial Arts and have some training in Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu that I plan on continuing.
- I'm loyal to my friends almost to a fault. People may have problems but I can't ever stay mad at anyone.
- I'd been to more concerts by the time I was 18 than most people go to in their entire life. I've slowed down now in my old age but I still love going to shows. \m/
- I'm hilarious.
So there's me in a nutshell. Want to know more? Ask! I'm an open book.
AOL IM: Aeromunch
I know, original names eh?
I am witty, smart, and sweet
"Check out what I'm listening to"
Your more popular stuff: Aerosmith, Everclear, Weezer, Staind, Nine Inch Nails, Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Tool, Yellowcard, Story of the Year, Snow Patrol, Deftones, The Killers, My Chemical Romance, Andrew WK, Sublime
I also like my share of metal and hardcore: Atreyu, Chiodos, Every Time I Die, Bleeding Through, Sevendust, Slipknot, Dragonforce, Thursday, Hatebreed, A Static Lullaby, Poison The Well, From Autumn To Ashes, alexisonfire, Protest The Hero, Pantera, Megadeth
I also tend to like Acoustic and singer song/writers: Dashboard Confessional, Jonah Mantranga (onelinedrawing, gratitude), Elliott Smith, Regina Spektor, Jack Johnson, Colin Hay, Nick Drake, Copeland, Tenacious D! Maybe they'd fit better in comedy.
Lately, I've been obsessed with post-rock. Even knowing what it is will earn you like 80 bonus points.. Bands like: Sigur Ros, Explosions In The Sky, Mogwai, Hammock, The Album Leaf, This Will Destroy You, upcdowncleftcrightcabc+start, Mono, Saxon Shore, Ef, The Samuel Jackson Five
Plus the really undefinable emo/punk/poppunk label that's really too hard to split up: Fall Out Boy, Matchbook Romance, Alkaline Trio, The Ataris, Coheed and Cambria, The Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Taking Back Sunday, Sparta, No Use For A Name, Lagwagon
The holdouts from my ska days: Reel Big Fish, Save Ferris, The Hippos, Jeffries Fan Club, Goldfinger
And that really doesn't even cover anything. I like some rap (old school NWA or some krunk anyone?), love movie scores (Thomas Newman, John Williams) and even happen across a lot of lame crap I like on the pop stations or "adult contemporary".
Do not be fooled, I watch movies about as much as I listen to music. I own more DVDs then I do CDs, that's for sure.
"One day I nerded out and put my entire DVD collection into a list."
I like everything from classics to stupid comedies to crazy horror films. Some examples: The Ring, Dead Alive, Army of Darkness, Evil Dead, Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Jersey Girl, Pulp Fiction, Good Will Hunting, Gladiator, Super Troopers, Big Fish, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Old School, Anchorman, Dodgeball, Bill and Ted, BASEketball, Friday the 13th, Night Watch, Napoleon Dynamite, Shaun Of the Dead, Hot Shots!, Kill Bill, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Garden State, Way of the Gun, Sin City, Big Fish, Almost Famous, Leon, Kung Fu Hustle, Airplane!, Snatch, Van Wilder, Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle, District B13, Saw 1/2/3, V For Vendetta
I don't make a lot of time for TV, but my DVR records some things for me, and I feel it'd be rude to not watch them.
Scrubs, The Ultimate Fighter, Conan O'Brien, History Channel, Food Network, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Simpsons, Family Guy, LOST, Entourage, Tourgasm, Metalocalypse, Robot Chicken, Heroes
Where does Dane Cook count in this? There should be a section for favorite stand up comics. Dane Cook, Jay Mohr, Mitch Hedburg, David Cross, Eddie Izzard. I love stand up comedy.
And foods! Well, I used to have the palate of a 6 year old but in the last year or so I've been trying to branch out. Lately I've fallen in love with sushi and can't get enough of the stuff.
Books. Some of my favorite things I've read recently have been World War Z by Max Brooks, Nick Hornby's books, anything by Micheal Crichton (I'm a nerd for science and action!) and random non-fiction that strikes my fancy (like Freakonomics or the story of the International Federation of Competitive Eating). It's kind of nice working across the street from the library.
I didn't have my first girlfriend until I was almost 20
I wonder if those two are related?
You like the idea of seeing some random movie at midnight in LA.
Your musical tastes go a bit deeper than whatever's on KIIS FM or what you liked when you were in high school.
You can deal with constant sarcasm and profanity. I don't know how I manage to not swear on calls at work.
You have an open mind and enjoy a healthy debate.