Trigger warning: if you need a trigger warning, run...
I love freedom, reading, music, and good conversation. I have lived alone for a long time and was really hoping to find a good relationship here. But I've decided to go my own way and enjoy the higher things in life.
So have I given up on dating? Yeah, mostly. The biggest part is because the benefits are so low but also because it gets quite tiring trying to find the few good women among all terrible ones. I'm keeping my profile here but let me make clear a few things.
1. I don't date "single mothers." Unless you're a widow, I really don't care what your little sob story is and I have no interest in your children. They're not mine so why should or would I care?
2. Your dog is not your child. I love dogs but I'm not on this site to find a dog nor do I want to read about how wonderful yours is. I'd much rather hear about you.
3. Died hair, shaved head, and tattoos make a woman ugly. Let's be frank, most men also look terrible with blue hair and tattoos. Hint: if you look like Trigglypuff then most men will be repulsed, not attracted.
4. I don't date members of the cult of feminism nor anti-theists. Hint: if you act like Trigglypuff... well, let's be honest - I'm just going to laugh and click away from your profile as soon I can recover from the laughter.
5. I don't date anyone who wasn't born as a woman. Most of us couldn't possibly care any less what you do to your body nor what you call yourself... but nothing you do can change your DNA.
6. Just move along if you're anything but heterosexual. Yes, yes, how terribly bigoted of me to want a normal woman. Whatever.
7. I don't usually send the first message. This is because I'm grown quite sick (almost literally) of scrolling through countless rainbow-haired, face-pierced, obese, SJWs with problem glasses trying to find someone who's actually a good woman.
Who am I? I'm an intellectual, autodidact, audiophile and bibliophile. I'm an Epicurean of sorts and would rather enjoy life on my own than allow a woman to ruin it. But, if you seek to add to my life rather than simply use or abuse it then please do send a message.
I've tried quite hard to find a good woman. I have yet to find a Christian woman who actually takes to heart what the Bible tells her. Plenty of women out there demand that guys "man up" but refuse to even consider living up to any standard themselves. Why would I waste my time with those people?
So, what am I doing with my life? I'm going my own way. Facing the choice of being alone with good books or lonely with a terrible woman, I shall take the path of wisdom and knowledge. Goethe said that one must be either hammer or anvil. I know which I am and why. Which are you, and why?
"Once I reached for love
And now I reach for life." - DT
I'm hoping to assemble a miniature set of at least one significant battle: the list has been narrowed down to [First] Battle of Breitenfeld, Lützen (1642), Poltava/Pultowa, Siege of Yorktown (1781) and the Battle of Talavera (1809). Bonus points if you know of at least one of them; if you actually knew more than one of them before reading this I might just have to cook something special for you. But, if you're like virtually every other woman I've met, I'm guessing you don't consider history important and never thought to educate yourself outside of school.
No, I'm not going to try to be witty here or force an "I'm so awesome" comment; people usually notice the facial hair first, or the way that I carry myself.
Terry Pratchet, Douglas Adams, Murray Rothbard, Tom Woods, Lew Rockwell, Goethe, Kant.
Favourite book subjects and genres: history, historical fiction, philosophy, economics, sci-fi, fantasy
The Sharpe's series (Sean Bean)
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
The Fifth Element
The Princess Bride
The Hunt for Red October
The Maltese Falcon
The original Star Wars trilogy
Batman: The Animated Series
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Music: progressive rock, progressive metal, progressive folk, classic rock, jazz, classical
Oh, and Babymetal. Because awesome and silly music is awesome and silly.
My music collection
#6 - you'll just have to find out in person
Current quote I'm pondering: "Is it a sin to learn to be able to live without love?"
Oh, and why almost every single mother on here tries to virtue-signal about being a Christian... yeah, you were such a good Christian that you decided not to wait for marriage and have a baby despite not having or wanting a father to help raise that child. And you probably never considered the elevated rates of incarceration, suicide, and a wide range of mental disorders among children of unwed mothers compared to the general population. Who cares about the child so long as you are satisfied in having one, eh? Right, but I'm the horrible person for pointing it out (although I do have a PhD in Horribleness). Besides, it was totally the man's fault, because, um, reasons.
Finally, I've been pondering if Gresham's Law or something very similar applies to online dating. Given the evidence on my end and from other men, it certainly has all the signs of Gresham's Law applied to women. I guess valuations really have become completely distorted and the good ones taken off the market through various means. At least men are starting to do the same. Don't know what I mean? Simple: MGTOW
-You live in America. I've lived in other countries but I have no intention of leaving this one. You may be the perfect woman but I have heard too many horror stories from men who married foreigners. And by foreigner I should add that I've heard terrible stories of American men and Canadian women, so it's not a problem specific to any one region. Then again, I've heard plenty of horror stories from women of all types, usually starting with a variation on the phrase, "I never thought she'd do that..."
-You have any interest in me or my own interests. Do ask any questions as I'll almost* certainly respond and answer them.
-You actually know how to have a conversation.
-You enjoy someone who can just as easily debate politics and philosophy as talking about the sillier things in life.
-You like music because it's good rather than following the herd and listening to it because it's popular
-You don't have "Netflix" listed as a hobby.
-You would rather have a good relationship than a one-night stand.
-You are NOT a socialist, "progressive," or anyone else who thinks forcing your ideology on others at gunpoint is a good idea.
*Spammers and idiots will be ignored. Remember, there's no such thing as a stupid question, just a lot of inquisitive idiots ;)