naaate86
30 London, United Kingdom
Join today
Find great matches with our advanced matching system!
naaate86
Join today
Find great matches with our advanced matching system!
My self-summary
Hello! And thank you for stopping by :)

Before we begin, may I suggest that you read the rest of this profile with the voice of Morgan Freeman* in your head? Let's go!

I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a DJ who had no beats. So I said... got any kicks you're not using?

...they said I should start with a joke! Suppose I only need (the right) one of you's to laugh anyway.

Otherwise it's a way of illustrating that music plays a big part in my life (both as a profession and a way to kill time) as well my disposition for a bangin' pair of shoes without having to say it out loud like I've just...

..moving on!

*individual results may vary.
What I’m doing with my life
Molding the minds of the next generation by day and making hit records by night.
I’m really good at
STIRFRY!! And pointing out the elephant in the room. Sometimes at the same time. Particularly when an awkward situation presents itself whilst I prepare dinner.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
> Murakami. I've only read "Dance, Dance, Dance" admittedly, but I really liked it! Otherwise (musician) biographies and pop psychology books. People are interesting. How they think is also interesting.

> Tarantino. And I have seen all his films. Not just favourite because of his witty dialogue, trademark camera angles and non-linear storylines, but the WAY he uses music for the soundtrack. During my MA I produced a research essay on that very subject.

> The Mighty Boosh. B-b-because Noel Fielding!! My favourite moment was when he exclaims "tastes like a bounty!" upon eating a coconut for the first time.

> FUNK. James Brown, Parliment / Funkadelic, Commodores, Kool & the Gang, Larry Graham, h Earth Wind & Fire... that swing, that groove, it makes me wanna move!! When funk lost it's swing it became DISCO. And so: CHIC. There's a part of me that wishes I were Nile Rodgers.

> Tom Yum Soup. So much flavor. And it's HOT!!! Please see "Chilli" in the section below.
The six things I could never do without
> Coffee. No milk, no sugar. Black. Just like 90% of my wardrobe. My friends always insist I wear more colour but I think it just makes the remaining 10% "pop" more!

> Piano. Preferably in tune, with 88 working keys at my disposal. Though I don't mind the occasional honky tonk. Gives it a bit of character.

> Boots. Surely, you understand? But if not... I may as well bid you 'Good day,' at this point. Thanks for playing!

> Lobster. The king of crustaceans! In Cantonese we call it "Loong Haa," which translates to "Dragon Prawn". Go figure. A popular dish when dining out with the fam! With ginger and spring onions, always.

> Conditioner. Say goodbye to shampoo. You don't need it!
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Whether a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus... and what happened to all the opotamuses. Extinct? Perhaps. Survival of the hippest, it seems to be.
On a typical Friday night I am
Passing the salt. Then putting my hands up for Detroit.

Or in the studio trying to figure out why the snare ain't sitting in the mix!!
You should message me if
Your instincts suggest that when you write to me you think we'll get on, perhaps meet for a beverage and then.. who knows? Perhaps one day you'll wake up and find yourself forever debating with me whether cheesecake or custard is the most appropriate colour for the dining room walls when ALL WE WANTED WAS YELLOW!!!
More