I love New York City, the culture, the diversity, the variety of food. I love art, music and dance performances, and I am thankful about the city’s offerings in those areas.
I do enjoy getting out, heading out of the city to disconnect. I prefer hiking/biking/swimming to jogging or the gym. I don't own a house in the Hamptons or a shack upstate, I prefer varying the places I visit. I also travel quite a bit.
I cook well and enjoy hosting dinners. I watch what I eat and I shop organic, but I'm not a vegetarian.
I’m very affectionate, loyal, and I prefer quality to variety. Meaning I prefer good friends to a quantity of acquaintances, and my lovers have always been ‘the only one.’ I was married for almost 20 years, but my husband, a true artist, had no goals in life and was threatened by my ambition. It was very hard, but we remain good friends, in fact we're neighbors.
I am versatile. I value silence, deep conversations, but also company and energetic activities. Emotionally intelligent I am comfortable being alone, I don't have insecurity issues. And I'm content with my life, enjoy quality products (alluding to quality over quantity), I tend to be minimalistic. I am not materialistic and despise showing off brand names.
I am active, but I do listen to the birds sing. I am surrounded by trees in Ditmas Park and do wake up to the songs of nightingales. I am romantic, but a doer, not a dreamer.
I am comfortable, versatile, can initiate a conversation with children/elderly and business people alike. I am not the loud person at the table, but the poised, inconscpicuous one.
I wear little make-up. While I care about bringing out the good features in me and being presentable, I always look natural.
• Food-wise I'm easy going, eat a wide variety of foods but vegetables and salads are always a must .
• A somewhat recent movie I won't forget is Les Intouchables (with François Cluzet and Omar Sy). Others include Cinema Paradiso, Omar, anything by Almodovar. I watch many independent flicks, but Hollywood has its masters' list too.
• I read quite a bit, books mostly, classic and new. I am reading Zone by Mathias Enard -- fascinating!
• In music I'm a minimalist, few instruments or a vocalist. I love the sound of piano -- Philip Glass's score for The Hours got me high. Classical is great upon waking up, few-beat lounge while working. Silence is also great.
Friends, closeness, affection, love.
Openness of mind and heart.
My country, Lebanon, its people and contagious joie de vivre, the closeness of people. (I go there once a year to take care of business, visit my mom and friends).
Otherwise I'm easy going.
All the beautiful places in the world I have yet to visit.
• If your TV is only turned on for special shows/news.
• If you like to travel -- for a week-end trip nearby or the Alps for skiing; to visit the museums of in London, Berlin and New York of course; for occasional trips outside the beaten path, and anywhere around the Mediterranean.
• If you're not afraid of visiting Lebanon (New York is a more dangerous place in many ways!). For the record I was born a protestant but I'm not religious.
• If you live in New York City, which will make it so much more plausible.