When I'm not at work, I'm probably reading, doing crosswords, trying to figure out how to do cryptic crosswords, wasting time online, wandering around Newark or New York, going to the theatre, considering learning viola, thinking about public transit, or mixing/drinking classic cocktails.
I mostly watch documentaries, but I also enjoy quirky independent comedies, Pixar movies, and foreign film.
I like witty comedies -- 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Parks and Recreation -- as well as shows about really smart people with sub par social skills (Bones, House). I have a secret addiction to invasive TLC reality shows about other people's lives. Joss Whedon is a genius. When I'm in Germany, I watch Tatort on Sunday evenings like it's a religious obligation. I'm a fan of Doctor Who -- the classic and new series.
I listen to a lot of folk, folk-rock, and independent women's music. If I'm not listening to one of those things, I'm probably listening to baroque or classical music. I like singing along to Mozart operas and Händel's Messiah, among other works. I also really enjoy ridiculous European pop music, especially if it was a Eurovision entry.
I like food in general. Particularly Mexican, Italian, Greek, and middle-eastern food. And tasty baked goods. The best bagel I have ever eaten was from a small bakery in the Jewish Quarter in Paris. It had sesame seeds on it.
- academic discourse and analysis
- pajama pants with weird prints
- public transit
- folk music
- fresh vegetables
Actually, this is the only one thus far. But I'm plotting a series.
Realistically, though, I'm probably reading, getting frustrated with Irish orthography, playing random songs on my ukulele, or hanging out with friends.
- you want to talk about theory,
- you're looking for a cycling buddy,
- you want to talk about good books,
- you have music, movie, or tv recommendations,
- you want to watch cricket,
- you want to play D&D or other tabletop games with me,
- i can pet your cats (this is not a euphemism),
- you saw two shooting stars last night, so you wished on them -- but they were only satellites.
Oder falls du Lust hast, mit mir deutsch zu reden!