Some good topics to talk to me about would be:
- Video games / Pokemon in general: I've been playing since the original RBY games up until SM (though I'm still on the fence about USM, feels like it's not going to be a huge improvement)
- Nature, animals, photography: I have a growing album of nature photography that I am a bit proud of
- The dumb things you've done while traveling. Like, flown from the Galapagos to Quito then decided to take a bus to the other side of Ecuador off the side of a highway that same day. Or eating some still-moving octopus/squid in Asia. Or walking from Zambia to Zimbabwe. Or flying Delta (which is the only one of these situations where something actually went wrong).
- B-movies (Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter, anyone?)
- Martial arts (I do capoeira, plus have been learning breaking on the side)
- Language (日本語をしゃべる y he estudiado español tambien)
My latest passion has been capoeira. I've had an (in my probably biased opinion) interesting set of hobbies in the past including taiko, chinese yo-yo, coding (before it was my job), and improv. I've picked up some breakdancing and African drumming but they're not really too far removed from capoeira. Some have been shorter lived than others, but rarely have I taken them beyond casual practice. I'm still studying both Japanese and Spanish but I don't practice either enough.
Figuring out how to properly maintain facial hair.
I'm a good listener too, and great at giving advice. Basically, the one who has friends asking for advice on life when they're in a bad mood. Sometimes I give surprisingly in-depth help to other people's situations, which is rather ironic because I can be pretty oblivious to my own life. I also have been told I give good feedback on people's startup ideas.
Finding someone to crash with on a roadtrip.
That they have no idea what my ethnicity is (anyone feel like guessing?)
I honestly don't really watch any shows but if someone puts one in front of me I'll be down.
If anyone has Gymkata I demand we watch it.
Most foods. No raisins or olives. You can see me physically react to the thought of eating either one. Also, an apple allergy, which is no bueno. I'm experimenting with going mostly paleo right now.
- Dank memes
- PC Master Race
- Google maps
- The realization that we were all once photons in the same singleton of a microscopic and dense universe, becoming equal matter and over billions of years somehow differentiating our living selves from non-living objects like rocks, developing a consciousness to question ourselves when the photons that make up the universe alone probably couldn't.
- Fruit, especially mangoes and bananas
Are stars alive? I think yes but science refuses to agree with me. :(
Did you know flies drink alcohol to kill the eggs of parasitic wasps in their bloodstream?
Hatching pokemon with the other.
When my profile says I speak Spanish "poorly", it means I was able to scrounge up enough high school vocabulary to get me through a 6-week trip in South America. Update: Apparently OKC removed the poorly/good language distinction. My Japanese is at a somewhat conversational level while my Spanish is basically essential phrases.
If I viewed and liked you, and your inbox is full, make some space please. :)
I'm a bit of an introvert so feel free to message me first. I don't bite. Unless you're into that.
Steady is nice. That may or may not imply relationship or even beyond platonic.
If you're willing to sacrifice a little convenience if it helps preserve the environment.
If we're not meeting in the type of scenario where wearing a hoodie is acceptable, I'll need a heads up.
Or if you're looking for someone to:
- Learn a language with/teach a language to (Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, German, and/or Bengali)
- Play capoeira with
- Practice chinese yo-yo with
- Travel with (bonus points for off the beaten path travel, which admittedly I haven't been doing very well)
- Hike with