It always difficult to try to describe yourself without making yourself sound like a complete loser. For example, I could very easily tell you that I am a broke white guy, living at home with his lesbian mother, working a job that I truely do not like, just waiting for my ticket for something better. As true as those statements might be, they dont summarize me in the slightest. I am going to try to summarize myself, with a little help from my best friend.
My name is Dave. Although I am not where I want to be in life, I have a good grasp on everything and I know where I want to go, and how I want to get there. I do work a job that I do not particularly like, but everybody has to start somewhere. I am currently a dispatcher and a driver manager for a nationwide trucking agency. The pay is good. The benefits are excellent. But its not my cup of tea. I would much rather be doing something physical, or mentally demanding than sitting at an office desk for several hours a day instructing grown men what way to turn. (Yes believe it or not, men DO ask for directions). My particular job is a start to what promises to be a great career. With that said, I am not certain if I want to work in the transportation industry all my life. I went to college to become an officer of the law. Therefore, on a whim, I decided to apply for a position within the City of Louisville, KY as a Corrections Officer. I figure one of two things may happen. I will either get the position, and finally reach my goal / dream. Or two, I wont get the position, and I will still be working for a great company with plenty of room for professional growth. Either way, its a win win situation and I couldnt be more lucky to be torn between the two scenarios.
I do live at home with my mother, and no. I wasnt trying to be funny by saying she is a lesbian. That is her choice, and who am I to judge her for it. It does get a bit disturbing to see her and her partner, but I have learned to get over that. I live at home with her, not because I am lazy, or not motivated, or anything of the like, but because its convenient. No that doesnt make me a freeloader, as my sister would be happy to try to point out. I pay rent. I buy my own groceries. I have chores and jobs to do around the house. In return, I have a place to stay that is relatively close to my office, clean, warm, etc. Its not a bad life. And truth be told, even though she wont admit to it, my mother likes having a man around. (Insert lesbian joke here).
And yes. I am broke. Name me one 23 year old guy with rent, car payments, car insurance payments, cell phone, netflix accounts, etc. that isnt broke. Again, I make damn good money, and I have a lot to show for it. I may not have wads of twenties in my pocket, but I dont lack for anything, and rarely do I go without what I want.
I have a very eclectic taste in music. My iPod has several hundred full albums on it ranging from Heavy Rock, to Hip Hop, to Country, to Electronica, to Oldies. There is not a genre that I do not like, nor is there a particular artist that I would classify as a favorite. Each genre has a different attribute that they bring to their table and the fact that I have the option of listening to whatever I so choose intrigues me.
Food. Oh damn. Where do I begin with food.
Pizza. Burgers. Beer. (Beer is food for all of you non believers... dont believe me? Go to BBC in Louisville). BBQ ribs from Mumbles in Madison. I could probably go on and on and on and on. I think it would be safe to say here in this box that I love to cook, and I love to experiment when I cook. Ive been known to create some kick ass dishes, that Ive never been able to duplicate.
1. My vision. I cant imaging life without being able to see the beautiful blonde that lives next door. Or being able to watch NCIS on TV.
2. Music. My iPod is crammed to the max with songs by every artist you could throw at me. (Or at least I once thought... there are a lot of emo bands Ive never heard of). It relaxes me when Im stressed. It pumps me up when I need to be pumped up. You might even be able to say its saved my life a time or two. A magical thing that music is.
3. My hands. Im a very sensual person. I like to cuddle. I like to touch. And I like to feel. Again, I could live without all of these things, but what fun would that be? Im also quite handy with my hands. (Insert dirty joke here). I am very good with handtools, and Ive been known to build some rather nice furniture. I guess its sort of a hobby of mine.
4. My friends. As stated earlier, I have 4 friends who are my rocks. Christi, Jimmy, Annie, and Cody would probably be embarrassed if I were to mention their names here, but all three of them have been my motivation to keep going when the times have gotten tough. They have never let me down, and I am forever indebted to them for that.
5. My beliefs. I am a huge animal rights advocate. No that doesnt mean I wont eat a steak, or wear a leather jacket. There is nothing better than a medium rare steak at the local steakhouse. But that cow had better been treated humanely prior to its sacrifice to fill my belly. I am formally an Animal Control Officer / Animal Abuse Investigator. I worked both in Louisville, KY and Upstate New York.
6. My computer. I hate to be so damned dependant on a material object. But lets face it. It keeps me connected to my 4 best friends (three of them live in New York). It lets me listen to my music files. It keeps my hands entertained as I am typing out these paragraphs to try to sell myself to you. And it has helped me do my job. Yep. My computer is pretty damn important.
Im looking for both friends, and a relationship. So even if you dont think of me as boyfriend material, please message me. We could still be good friends!