1. I grew up in NJ (and sometimes the Jersey comes out) but am a dual citizen of Spain and the USA.
2. Caring for and being there for my friends, family and loved ones is very important to me. They know they always have a listening ear and a helping hand in me when they need one.
3. The ability to see the humor in most things comes naturally to me. I have a great silver-lining detector. (My gaydar, on the other hand, could use some recalibration).
4. I thrive in social settings and can be fairly outgoing. I am always up for meeting new people, and I know how to make newcomers feel welcome and at ease.
5. I’m known as a fixer. Button to sew on...done. Email to craft...finished.. Interview to prep for...home-run. If you are a breaker, I’m horrible with a glue gun but I can help you pick up the pieces.
6. I can grow a mean beard, but am clean shaven most of the time.
7. Family is important to me and I hope to start one of my own someday
8. I enjoy a good drink (whiskey? yes please), great food, and even better company.
9. Soggy cereal and the cold side of the pillow..sometimes it’s the simple things in life :-)
10. While not old-fashioned, I still mind my manners: please and thank you.
2. Making Myself Laugh
4. Reading other people's emotions
2. If I am not smiling...probably my eyelashes...
Movies: Anything by Almodovar and Amenabar, international films and the occasional documentary. Some favorites include:american beauty,as good as it gets, good will hunting, todo sobre mi madre, volver, eyes wide shut, sophie's choice, la vie en rose, cat on a hot tin roof, outbreak, divided we fall, mary and max.
Shows: Misfits, Rectify, Orphan Black, House, Revenge, Downton Abbey, New Girl, The Big Bang Theory, The Big C, Damages, Bones, AbFab, OITNB, Friday Night Lights, Broad City, ...occasionally Bravo...way too much British TV...HGTV..especially International House Hunters- and yelling at the tv when they pick THAT house.
Music: Fairly diverse tastes....from top 40 to more eclectic bands. Recently discovered BBC Radio One...and it's great!
Food: From mild to wild. Always willing to try something new!
2. Comfortable Shoes
4. Favorite Jacket
5. Coffee Cart Guy + Rashid the fruit guy (I didn't want one to get jealous of the other)
6. Sheets of a high thread count