1) I'm a Christian -- but what that means to me might not be what you think it does, feel free to start a conversation about it.
2) I like to read, but have more books than I will likely ever have time to read already. I'm working on thinning the collection so I can keep up better. I know too many talented authors.
3) I also like to knit and crochet, and have rather a lot of yarn as a result, though that stash is less out of control. I've dabbled with other fiber arts, like tatting, but have so far resisted spinning and weaving, largely due to lack of space.
4) I'm a software engineer. I started out writing C-flavored C++, but these days, I'm primarily writing Perl and SQL. (Postgres rocks!)
5) I like board and card games -- word games like Scrabble, Boggle, and Bananagrams; card games like spades and Fluxx; board games like RoboRally, Ricochet Robot(s), and Othello. I'll play anything from Reiner Knizia at least once.
6) I'm involved in running several science fiction conventions.
I tend to hold on to things once they're part of my life, and that especially applies to people. This means I have a lot of friends and acquaintances, and that includes most of my exes, who generally make better friends for me than they did SOs.
b) Benny and Joon, Edward Scissorhands, Ma Vie en Rose, Gattaca, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, The Lost Boys, Up, The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink.
Current TV: Castle, Community, Game of Thrones, Lost Girl
Recent canceled faves: Firefly, Pushing Daisies, Chuck, True Blood
Dollhouse had its moments, and Heroes its ups and downs, but they held my attention enough to keep watching, for the most part. (I quit Dollhouse once, but a coworker talked me in to giving it a second chance.)
c) Simon and Garfunkel, Queen, Action Figure Party, BNL, TMBG, Tracy Chapman, Leonard Cohen, JoCo, a bit of almost anything.
d) Sushi. Spinach. Pesto. Good bread. Watermelon. Good peaches. Mac'n'cheese. I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't eat a lot of meat, and it's usually chicken. I'm kind of a spice wimp, but I like Ethiopian food, and I've been told I'm not a real spice wimp if I can eat that.
God, good books, yarn, friends, good music, the internet
If I visited your profile, but didn't send a message, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm not interested -- I'm kind of shy, and also sometimes in a hurry when I'm browsing here.
If I have sent you a message, I found your profile especially interesting and didn't see any major dealbreakers in our overlapping questions, and I had time to write something.