New people, new faces. These days, just seeking friends. Thanks for stopping by, maybe send a message?
P.S. I really want to try playing D&D. If you can make that happen, I'll be forever grateful.
I enjoy novelty. Experiences, places, people, all of it. I just want to be entertained and will do a lot to make sure that boredom isn't a permanent fixture in my life. Hell, that's why I'm here: Meet new people, get outside of the everyday.
Either that or I'm bored. Changes a lot.
Pick a song. What does it say about you?
20th Century Boy. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylww2dOW7fg)
Marc Bolan's an aspirational figure.
Poly except when not. Futurist without production. Omnivore with no exceptions.
All the same, I crave new experience. It keeps things moving, it keeps stasis from creeping in and making itself a sandwich. Boredom is an unruly guest, someone who makes a mess and doesn't pick up after itself, something that can come to dominate the scene. Give the bastard the bum's rush.
It's the ever looming threat of the rut that keeps me moving, keeps my life springing back and forth off bumpers and flashing lights like a social pinball. When I finally tilt out, I want to at least have a high score.
- Figuring out convoluted ways to word things on profiles for the sake of a giggle.
- Putting all my faith into the chaotic universe at large, where the only certainty is that there will always be uncertainty.
- Living out of one carry-on.
- I laugh at things and people more than is appropriate.
Lost in Translation (I love Tokyo and will never stop loving her.)
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels (Because it's a lot more frenetic than Snatch.)
500 Days of Summer (This almost makes me want to move to Los Angeles. People who have done it have advised me otherwise.)
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Anything that involves copious amounts of pork fat
A Song of Ice and Fire (all of it)
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Food options other than "junk"
The ability to remain coherent on no-sleep
Something novel to keep my interest
- Who I should talk to next to get to meet someone even newer.
There's an XKCD for that: http://xkcd.com/167/
- I like the infamy and attention that comes with saying outrageous things. Don't believe the hype.
- You were in some way amused by the above.
- You have resisted the urge to savagely beat me for writing this rambling, self-aware profile.
- You appreciate a good Carl Sagan autotune: http://www.youtube.com/user/melodysheep#p/u/5/zSgiXGELjbc
- You enjoy traveling and are open to the possibility of having a travel companion.