I originally hail from sunny and tropical Cartagena, Colombia, but have moved here (for educational purposes) from... Winnipeg. I have a love-hate relationship with that place; on the one hand, the weather leans towards the terrible side, on the other the place does grow on you after several years and the knowledge that you probably won't be leaving anytime soon. The snow can be quite pretty under the right kind of lighting, and I always loved what passes as spring in our fair town because I liked to step on the melting ice-puddles (ice on the outside, puddle on the inside).
I'm usually a rather quiet person, but if the planets happen to align a certain way (or if there's someone I'm comfortable with in the general vicinity), I may actually pass for lively and outgoing.
I have yet to tap into the intricacies of life as an adult. Which seems to be normal among people my age... This comforts me.
Also spending far too much time picking up new tv shows and slowly learning how to survive ~on my own. Or, sort of on my own. I have not started any more small fires in the kitchen this month. And not ignoring the courses I am currently enrolled in at all! I am a very diligent student. Truly dedicated. Everything gets done in time for the deadline, at least.
- Accumulating tabs on my web browser. (Seem to be transitioning from Firefox to Chrome... A move that's surprised me a bit. Oh well, change is good!)
- Pulling off last minute miracles. Sometimes I think fate demands that I waste time until the night before just so I can demonstrate this fine skill.
- Radiating charm.
- Being awake at ungodly hours for no valid reason.
I read much less often than I did in the bygone days of my youth, but I'd really like to pick up the habit again and am accepting recs. The most non-university reading I've willingly done recently has been.... well, considering the size of A Storm of Swords (a book I was glued to for about a week and am amazed at how I did not completely cease to function while engrossed in it) it's been quite a bit, but it's just been ASOIAF and a Buster Keaton biography with an epilogue that almost made me weep rivers. Buster Keaton. Your life, my tears.
Films (as many as I can come up with off the top of my head, right now): Howl's Moving Castle, Millenium Actress, A Single Man, Watchmen for the visuals, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Shortbus, His Girl Friday... I saw The Artist last night and thought it was fantastic! But yes, all of these and more.
TV Shows I am Currently Following: Doctor Who, Game of Thrones (skjhfaskf the teaser that just came out i cannot WAIT for April), Community, Skins (for better or worse it seems), Glee (NO SHAME). Will one day keep watching Parks and Recreation. I seem to have stopped catching up with that show because I've decided to watch the (unfairly defunct from what I've seen so far) Sarah Connor Chronicles.
For music, I'll just get on iTunes, put it on shuffle, and list the first five songs I get:
1. Toumei Ningen - Tokyo Jihen
2. My Freeze Ray - Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
3. Fidelity - Regina Spektor
4. Me Enamoro De Ella - Juan Luis Guerra (part of my 'songs I like because I listened to them a million times while in the car with my parents and therefore they remind me of home' collection)
5. When I'm Sixty-Four - The Beatles
Food: For some reason, I shun vegetables. Apart from this I'll eat just about anything... especially cupcakes and other items of dubious health content.
- The support of my family! One day I will return the favour a lot better.
- Knowledge that wherever I go, I’ll have a friend. Or that I don’t really have to be alone.
- Basic life needs. Air, for example! I seem to be good at avoiding drinking water, though... Some habits need to be curbed.
- Food that tastes good. I could probably live very well without junk food, but... Habits that die hard. Here's one.
- Interesting and stimulating things! I could literally die of boredom. I think. Have not tried it, but I'm sure it could happen.
P.s: You absolutely don't have to write me a poem for me to like you. :]