Now for some detail. Sorry, this is a little long.
1. I'm a gamer. If you can't be ok with that, you can't be ok with me. It's part of who I am and it won't change.
2. I defeat my stereotype because there are actually sports I play, and am good at. There aren't very many, and I've found that I play mostly the sports that people don't know about or don't like, but whatever. If you can show at least some interest in the stuff I like to do, you've already gained some bonus points.
3. This is gonna sound like me trying to play myself up, but I'm not "just like every other guy." I've been told that by almost every girl I've ever gotten to know well. I'm not just into things to get into your pants, I believe that chivalry isn't dead, I respect women for who they are and what they are able to do for themselves, and you don't have to worry about me running off with someone else; I'm not that kind of guy. I can recognize a good thing when I have it and I'm not gonna let something I've worked for go just for something different.
4. My friends mean the world to me, and nothing is going to keep me from spending time with them. If you can't allow for guy time, it isn't going to work.
5. I'm a nerd. Like big time. I play video games, trading card games, and yes even those "weird super-nerdy games where you paint figures and fight other people."
6. I get passionate about what I care about, and I have a personality that likes to find new hobbies every once in a while.
7. I'm really random. Think about random things, then multiply that by 5.6245298. Yeah.
8. I'm a Christian, but not to the point of shoving it in people's faces. I believe in God and have accepted Jesus as my personal savior, but I'm not going to try to convert someone just because their beliefs are different. I'm open-minded, and I just don't feel like it's worth wasting my time trying to change people that way. I'm also not very involved in church. In fact, I haven't attended in about 5 years. I disagree with some of the basic ideas most churches try to put forward.
9. I don't have a filter when I'm not around my family (for the most part at least), so be ready for some bad, possibly cringe-worthy/offensive jokes and language I wouldn't use in front of my family (minus one cousin, but that's a different story).
10. I love singing, and I've been told I'm good at it. The same goes with dancing, though I'm not as likely to do that in public...or very often.
11. I have a very active inner child, but I can be serious and mature when I need to.
12. I listen to literally every type of music. People always think I'm exaggerating the "every." There are certain artists or songs I don't like, but the majority of music is enjoyable to me.
13. I am currently attending Liberty University Online, but thanks to the circumstances of my transfer I plan to stay in Jefferson City as long as I can.
14. I have female friends, and I make new ones on a decently regular basis. Just clearing that up, because I've had bad experiences there before. I hang out with other girls, but that's it. I'm a loyal person.
15. I am not a fan of phone conversations. I would prefer text, IM, facebook chat, whatever...not sure why, but it's true. I will talk if someone calls me, but they need to be ready to do a lot of the talking unless I just have a random thought.
16. PLEASE be able to spell and use at least decent grammar. "Hay u luk kool." will not get a response. This especially applies if you're trying to spell a lifestyle you have chosen. I've seen way too many profiles on here with people who say they are "celebit" or "transjinder". It makes you look stupid and like you really don't care.
17...Psyche! I'm going to stop before my hands start rebelling. If you wanna know more, message me.
18. Sorry, forgot one. Please don't view my profile and just wait for me to message you if you are interested...honestly I'm not really the type to start the conversation, though occasionally it might happen (that requires a really strong impression from a profile though, and that usually doesn't come from text). So if you like what you've read or want to know more, please just send me a message. If nothing else it's always fun to make friends or just learn something about somebody.
Honestly certain video games, ultimate frisbee, disc golf, getting my ass kicked at Warhammer 40K, quoting random movies and tv shows, and making terrible jokes. Again, I'm a nerd.
I'm kind of a bigger guy so that's kinda easy to notice. Also I wear hats a lot. Like A LOT a lot; there have been people before who knew me for three years and never saw me without one on.
I will, however, list a few favorites in each category. If you want to know more, just ask.
Book(s): The Inheritance Cycle (series) by Christopher Paolini, The Wheel of Time (series) by Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson
Movie(s): The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Perks of Being a Wallflower
Show: Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Supernatural
Music: A Day to Remember, Pierce the Veil, Sleeping with Sirens, The Summer Set, The Temptations, Celtic Woman, Infected Mushroom
The night will consist of anything from watching a movie or browsing the Internet to randomly ending up three counties over at 3 in the morning. It all depends on who is involved and what kind of night it is.
If you made it through my entire profile, you should probably message me. Unless you're not interested at all, because that could lead to an awkward situation for both of us. Though if you do decide to message me, please say more than just "Hi." It annoys me that people aren't creative enough to introduce themselves in more than one word. If you can't come up with something more than that, you will probably not get a response.