* From July '13 to July '14, I lived in sunny Tampa, Florida. As of the date of this writing, I've returned to the party in my hometown of Denver. I'll be staying here at home for a good amount of time to come. Will I ever move again? Who knows?! (I would absolutely love to live in NYC or Chicago or another enormous city at some point; giant cities are where I feel most at home!)
* I play percussion instruments, dabble in strings, and own an accordion. Though I probably use it more than any of my other instruments, I am not particularly good at the accordion. I have been paid to professionally play music exactly once in my lifetime, a night playing in a vibraphone-trumpet jazz duet at a bar. I made $150 plus tips. That was a pretty good night.
* Despite being a Colorado native, I've never liked camping, skiing or snowboarding. I am, however, always up for a good hike.
* If it seems an inordinate amount of my pictures involve musical instruments or sports, it's mostly because I only ever seem to get pictures taken of me when I'm playing something or at a game.
* I've been known to play a vidya or two in my time. I use Jigglypuff in Super Smash Brothers. This is only because I learned long ago that people absolutely hate losing to Jigglypuff.
* Hockey and soccer are my favorites, but I'll watch most sports if you put them in front of me. (Exception: other than March Madness, I don't usually do Basketball.) My team preferences include a garglemesh of teams from Buffalo and Colorado, with a garnish of European and Asian soccer on top.
* I use the word 'garglemesh' sometimes. I think it's a noun.
I've dropped out of college so many times that I should probably get an honorary degree in dropping out of college. I'm currently not yet dropped out of college getting a useless-ass Associate of Arts so I can move on to a real college and get a real degree. Exciting!
Some other stuff too, but those are the important ones.
I'll be honest, I haven't read nearly enough in the past few years. We'll just say I like autobiographies, science texts, comedic short story compilations, daily comic strip collections, informational & witty coffee table books and forensic crime novels.
Anything by Pixar, and UHF. (That's the Weird Al movie. If you ever go to see Weird Al in concert with me, you'll notice me quoting along with it incessantly. It's worth noting that if you are going out with me, you're totally going to have to see Weird Al live at some point.) I don't watch movies all that often, at least not in theaters.
Avenue Q, Little Shop Of Horrors, Into The Woods, Godspe-
Oh, you meant TV shows? I enjoyed Breaking Bad, I suppose? I'm also a big fan of House. Past those two, I don't have many binge-watching guilty pleasures outside of 90's sitcoms that nobody else watches anymore. I don't have a TV and rarely watch newer shows. 99% of my television experience involves sports.
I try not to discriminate based on genre, but I know what I like. I specialize in classic rock and jazz, though there's a special place in my heart for pop music from all eras. I despise music snobs. (In this particular case, 'music snob' means anyone who thinks that any particular artist or piece of music is intrinsically bad.)
I have a fairly bland palate. My favorite food is likely the Turkey, Bacon & Mayonnaise sandwich, followed by the Cinnamon Raisin bagel with cream cheese and the Kraft Mac & Cheese dinner. I'm not what you would call a gourmet, but the only thing I'll flat out refuse is seafood.
When it comes to Alcohol, I'll drink many varieties of rum, whiskey, vodka and cider. If you're looking for specifics, I'm usually found drinking Angry Orchard, Strongbow or some variant of rum & coke.
I have an aversion to anything bitter, and as such I don't like beer.
This description is actually somewhat out of date, because the majority of my friday nights in the past couple of years have been spent doing karaoke with a group of friends. We're karaoke regulars now! If you ever want to hear me singing 'Son of a Preacher Man', feel free to join us.
* You know that there is only one A in 'Accordion' and no A in 'Burgundy'.
* You want to hear about the time that I was essentially kidnapped and taken to a Blues jam bar.
* You need a sports guy on your pub quiz team.
* You also follow a variety of bad sports teams and want someone to commiserate with.
Actually, you should probably just message if you are of the same species as me.