To me love should be something simple. It's simply 2 people with the same values in life, sharing a life together, enjoying each other's company and learning and experiencing the later half of their lives together in bliss.
Assumption is the root of many problems in relationships today ~ SK
I enjoy traveling, and experiencing the culture, the arts, the history, and the way of lives of different societies. I love the nature, museums, mountains, seas, and parks a lot.
Everything in life is a choice. Many people these days are blinded by many unnecessary materialistic pursuits of life. Most end up losing sight of the the real joys and aims of life, and end up never really achieving happiness. I believe life should be simple, with minimal materialistic pursuits. Money is important for survival, but you should be the one (and not money) that drives your own life. Work with the aim of doing something meaningful in life and any material gains can be seen as a bonus and never a burden. That's the grace of life that can give rise to true bliss and happiness in life :)
I enjoy music by Yanni, Yiruma, Enya, Kitaro, David Wright, David Lanz, and George Winston.
Love to try different cuisines from all over the world. Japanese (Sushi and sashimi) is my favourite.
1. Morality & Virtue- I believe in not just doing the right things, but also do them the right way. I don't believe in selfishness. One's actions should not cause inconvenience to others. I believe in lending a helping hand to deserving people around me.
我双手烤着,生命之火取暖; 火萎了,我也准备走了 (兰德)
[The mind of the superior man is conversant with righteousness; the mind of the mean man is conversant with gain.
2. Wisdom & Enlightenment - I value the wisdom to decipher the right from the wrong, to know the fundamental problems in life. More importantly, this wisdom allows one to live in true and not superficial happiness.
[Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is enlightenment.
~ Lao Tzu]
3. Philosophy of reasoning - There are far too many grey areas in life today. And law is never the tool to govern the actions of people. The only tool that should be used is principles and values. This ability to reason things, governed by good values, is critical as we embark on our life journey.
[We need to get back to reasoning and thinking things through. The future generation is being brought up in greed and without a true understanding of civics. There is no more emphasis on knowledge and time. As a society we need to process ideas and understand what certain principles are based upon.
~ Richard Dreyfuss]
4. Never live behind excuses - This is my life and I make every decision myself. Take responsibility for one's actions and decisions and never push them to others in the name of "that's the way the world is". We are the master of our very own destiny.
[The person who has the most to do with what happens to you is you. It is not the environment, it is not the other people who were there trying to help you or trying to stop you. It is what you decide to do and how much effort you put behind it.
~ Dr. Benjamin Solomon Carson]
5. Learning - There are so many things that we do not know in life. I believe that life is a journey full of learning. Each experience, encounter (good or bad) is an avenue for us to learn. It teaches us about our thinking, our approach to things, our values, and how these things can be done better and differently.
[Adversity is the true school of the mind.
~ Katharine Lee Bates]
6. Happiness - It is simple to achieve happiness. Learning to appreciate what one has and not be obsessed with what one doesn't will give lots of peace and happiness.
[We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
- What it takes to build healthy and lasting relationships
- Life issues and learning from them
- Society and world issues and how I can contribute and make things better