My friends will tell you that I am honest, fun, kind and loyal. I'd like you to confirm :-) At work, I develop new drugs (not street kind, sorry to disappoint!). Despite long hours, extensive travels, I have plenty of energy to give. At home, I cook (yes, cook!), watch movies, especially foreign ones. My philosophy is that life is too short, so I only do things I'm passionate about. With more time, I would continue exploring the world, with a preference for ancient towns for their culture and history, and to hike around breathtaking landscapes particularly mountains & lakes when the snow melts...
Friends and family can sometimes be confused about what I do, assuming that because of MIT degrees, I should be a nerd who can fix (their) computers, (their) cell phones and (their) electronic gizmos. I hate to disappoint so I have learned to fix those things for them. It's even become a hobby. Broken cell phone anyone :-)?
- fixing just about anything around the house
- internet search. I was once "world champion of internet search" (yes that exists :-))
- forecasting the weather (try me!)
- blind guessing zodiac signs (although I don't truly care what your sign is in the end, maybe I should!)
- blind tasting wine
- baking: specialties include caramelized apple tart, molten lava chocolate cake, creme brulee or giant chocolate chip walnut cookies (similar to those from Levain in NYC). You might try asking for a special delivery :-)
- cooking: I've been told that I make a killer seafood paella and royal couscous. Any "partner in crime" to devour the killer paella?
- Movies: Amelie, Udaan, Ulzhan, Mother, The beat that my heart skipped, The kite runner, The man who wanted to live his life. I love foreign movies as an escape/travel strategy and to discover new cultures right from my couch!
- Music: coldplay, guster, kings of convenience, sigur ros, maroon 5. Mostly soft rock. Quite open in terms of music. I like to put on Pandora to discover new songs.
- Books: my mother used to be a librarian, so I have a special connection to books (and have too many...). I mostly read medical, travel and philosophy books.
2. Home-cooked desserts and meals
3. Vivid dreams. One day I should write a book.
4. Peace of mind.
5. Tropical fruits: especially mango and lychees
6. You (yes, you!) you know who you are :-)
- how to maintain the outside crispiness of home baked chocolate chip cookies (any advice?)
- how to use our gifts to improve the world. I try to find ways to improve myself as a human being, show respect to others and to the world, and potentially give it a try, myself. I admire the work of big impact non-profits, such as those led by Bill Clinton and Bill Gates for their passion, persistence and goal. I have a few other role models that I'd like to emulate. I'm curious to know about yours.
- which TV series I should stay away from (or I will binge watch it, waste countless hours and feel blissfully guilty. Please no temptation here)
- I've survived a lightning strike (and was pointing my arms towards the sky when that happened, literally)
- I'm lucky in games (but never gamble)
You are looking for someone similar to you.