- I'm an engineer by trade. I find that it permeates through much of my life.
- I prefer to be independent and often don't follow the crowd. Sometimes this means that I don't see some popular media out there. I haven't seen Breaking Bad, Lost, Mad Men, The Big Bang Theory, and a bunch of others. However, i do love Doctor Who.
- I love all animals. I'd love to have a dog, but since I'm at work during the day and I don't have a yard, it wouldn't be fair to a dog to keep him/her cooped up inside all day. That's why I have cats and love them.
- My favorite holiday is Halloween. I'm not that big into dressing up for it, but I LOVE doing prop making and decorations for it. My parents are also really into it and we have gotten really good at age-appropriate scaring. I'm working on some animatronics projects this year. Let's just say it will involve hacking some singing fish.
- Most activities are far more fun when enjoyed with friends/family
- I hate pickles and tomatoes. I do however like spaghetti sauce and ketchup. Go figure.
- I love being outdoors. Particularly hiking/backpacking, though I don't do it as often as I'd like.
- I both enjoy and respect firearms.
- I enjoy intellectual discussions. Particularly the kind where you talk about non-serious topics (like superheroes) but in a serious way.
- I do play video games (though my desire for them has been dwindling). No, I don't play Call of Duty or Halo. They don't govern my life and I don't play large numbers of hours per day.
- I am not a democrat, nor am I a republican. I dislike both parties and generally dislike the current state of American politics. Unfortunately it is a necessity, so I still have to deal with it with those certain issues that I feel are really important.
- My cat is curled up in a ball (literally), with her paw across her eyes, and is snoring next to me. Yeah, she's strange.
- I love animals of all kinds. Both on an individual level (most kinds of non-threatening animals and I get along) and from a biological perspective.
- I don't believe that a test (like the Myers-Briggs personality test) can tell you as much as you might think about a person.
- I dislike categorizing people. The more generic the category, the more I dislike it. Large categories (like Democrat and Republican) tend to create a large divide between people that creates an us-vs-them mentality where everything that the opposing group (or groups) says, you have to disagree with. Conversely, everything that the leader of your group says, you agree with. I feel this mentality harms independent thought, creativity, and serves to distract us from the real problems in the world.
- I believe in equality for all people. I don't like putting myself in the category of "feminist" or "gay-friendly" (see previous comment) since I'd prefer to think of all people equally, not in terms of men-vs-women or gay-vs-straight or any other category.
- I have very strong opinions about a few specific political topics and if the topic comes up, I tend to be very vocal about them too.
- Sometimes I don't do a good job of getting my thoughts across, so I've learned to try to choose my words with care.
- I believe in being realistically prepared for anything that can go wrong.
- I have the occasional desire to learn things that people normally don't learn about. A not-so-strange example is watching Dirty Jobs.
My cats (who are also my family)
Access to the internet (or barring that, a library) - Well, not so much the internet itself but access to information is very important to me.
Problems to solve & things to make
The outdoors, preferably in a way that isn't caged. Shoving nature into a corner of our world is not smart nor enjoyable.
You love learning things (particularly nerdy things like astrophysics, robotics and other technologies)
You want to go backpacking and/or love being outdoors
You love animals
You aren't a super hardcore democrat
You aren't a super hardcore republican
Bonus points if you play board/card games (Bang!, Exploding Kittens, Dominion, Pandemic, etc.). I regularly go to board game nights with friends.