I'm really good at being in school. I love being in school and having the opportunity to learn as much as possible. Along with that, I guess after all these years of being in school, I've managed to become a pretty great student, too.
I'm also pretty good in the kitchen. I love to cook and haven't had any complaints yet. I don't really have a specialty, per se, but whatever I end up cooking, I try to make it pretty awesome. I've started experimenting with Indian cuisine, but it's a work in progress. Unfortunately, baking is not included in this.
Movies: Gone with the Wind, Mean Girls, Network, The Big Lebowski, Zoolander, Kill Bill, Elizabeth, Amadeus, Fight Club, Grandma's Boy, Steel Magnolias, The Lion King, Crash
TV: Weeds, The Big C, True Blood, Glee, Top Chef, Chelsea Lately, Grey's Anatomy, Archer, Sons of Anarchy, Family Guy, The Tudors, United States of Tara, Golden Girls (back in the day).
Music: The Killers and Mumford & Sons might be my favorites if I was pressured into picking, but I like a lot of stuff across just about every genre. I don't really like modern country or jazz. But other than that I like pretty much everything from classical to techno to reggae to accoustic to punk rock and beyond. Pandora and Genius in iTunes are two of my dearest friends.
Food. Favorite food is peanut butter, specifically extra crunchy peanut butter. I love trying new foods. I'm a big fan of Indian, Thai, Chinese, sushi, and Mexican.
1) My laptop. I'm a grad student, so my laptop pretty much has my entire life on it.
2) My iPod. I use this thing for hours everyday. I'm not sure how I would get through the day without having all my music readily at hand. Some people like music. I LOVE music.
3) My car. I love to travel and visit friends and family. I also just like taking random roadtrips to music festivals or other points of interest.
4) DVR. This is about the only way I get to watch everything I want. Then again, I'd probably be a lot more productive if I didn't have one.
5) College football. When it comes down to it, I may not be good at sports, but I do LOVE college football. Penn State football, of course, but I love Saturdays in the fall. I'm always trying to guess the week's upsets and figuring out who's going to get a decent bowl game.
6) Do friends count? I know they're not "things" and there's certainly more than one, but I seriously could not live without my friends. I'm very lucky to have some wonderful people in my life, and I like to think that it's mutually beneficial.