I am someone who values honesty, loyalty, reciprocity, fairness, communication and intelligence. While I expect a lot from the people I surround myself with, I also return in full (and even more) measure what I am given; that goes for good and bad things dished out of course. Just kidding. I am not a spiteful person. Ok sometimes. If you dis Mariah Carey. But only Mariah Carey. I don’t like being pigeonholed as being just ‘one’ kind of person since I have constituted who I am now from about ten gazillion different things, not all of which fit comfortably together. I can be very TYPE A about somethings, and I do ask your indulgence when that happens…though if you never ever help me clean my apartment that won’t be a problem.
Other random things about me: I think mix-CD's are far more romantic than a dozen roses, nay a hundred roses. I find making playlists absolutely therapeutic. I tend to re-watch TV shows on DVD in order of seasons...which annoys some people. I've seen Wicked on stage five times now, which I think is a bit excessive. Ok no, not really, no such thing.
Finally, I do LOVE teh sex…but that doesn’t mean being penetrated or arriving all the time. A simple caress, a kiss, or just being touched in some very particular ways gets me hot and heavy plenty…(though those other things ain’t so bad either).
I am someone who is really tired of the games and guys who are still trying to 'find themselves'...so please, only serious (in all senses of the word) inquirers and admirers need contact me.
And finally....I am good at karaoke. Coz i'm bad. So bad, I'm good.
REALLY INTO COMIC BOOKS! I follow (followed, coz I've been forced to become a graphic novel reader due to budgetary constraints) the X-Men titles, whoever is doing them, but I find myself gravitating towards creators rather than characters. Some writers/artists that I follow religiously include: Matt Fraction, Alan Moore, Warren Ellis, Brian K Vaughan, Joss Whedon, Chris Bachalo, Geoff Johns, Ron Marz, Phil Jimenez, Grant Morrison and Neil Gaiman. I'm sure there are a ton more I didn't list though. As for books....Wicked, The History of Sexuality, Vol.1, Rousseau's On the Origin of Human Inequality, Woman Warrior: The Story of a Girlhood among Ghosts, The Sound and the Fury, Tess of the D'urbervilles and The Great Gatsby, His Dark Materials trilogy by Pullman.
Music: I'm mainly into electronic music and showtunes (god, I know, so gay!)...I tend to follow electronic producers and dj's more than artists, but my Ipod has quite the eclectic music loadout. Some DJ's I follow/like: Tracy Young, Tony Moran, Peter Rauhofer, Ralphi Rosario, Jason Nevins, Eddie Baez, Moto Blanco, Freemasons, Seamus Haji/Paul Emmanuel, and Jody Den Broeder to name a few. Wicked is my favorite musical, evah, followed closely by Hairspray and Into the Woods. Favorite artists include: Idina Menzel, Mariah Carey, Deborah Cox, The Dandy Warhols, Katy Perry, The Cardigans, to name a few. Also...ya...I can't get enough of Glee. But that's it though, my gay gene only expresses itself in my musical tastes. :)
Movies...generally into sci fi/genre and some indie flicks. I heart so many movies...but my top five are, in no particular order:
1. Starship Troopers (glorification of the military or parody of fascism? you decide!)
2. Moulin Rouge (love, love is like oxygen! Also stop at the end of the bollywood number for a 'good' ending!)
3. American Beauty (mmm rose petals)
4. X-Men 1 and 2 (imo, the 2 best comic book movies evah, Chris Nolan be damned!)
5. Aliens (decades later, I think this is still Cameron's best work. Avatar what?!)
Food: Indian, Thai, Chinese, Italian...and Filipino...coz I am...Filipino :)
No section for TV shows, but I'll add one!:
Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse, Firefly (anything Joss Whedon will ever do), Lost, X-Files, Alias, Star Trek (all spin offs and varieties), Stargate (all spin-offs and varieties), Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, Veronica Mars, True Blood, Glee, Six Feet Under, Xena, The Office, Parks and Recreation, The Guild.
Let's Add video games too:
Fallout 3, Final Fantasy, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Resident Evil, Parasite Eve, Dragon Quest, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Batman: Arkham Asylum
1. My family, particularly my mom. She is indispensable to my continued sanity.
2. My ipod, Clarita.
3. My friends. I do believe I have the bestest set of them. EVAH!
4. Coffee. Yes, coffee.
5. Art, in all its forms...(yes, comics is art!)
6. Being able to think.
The future. I know it's coming....but it would be nice to know what it will look like. Also cake. I think a lot about cake.
2. You have no qualms about, and would be willing to join me in a duet of "No Air" or "Endless Love" in karaoke (or another suitable, approved duet number).
3. When I shout 'ORE FOR GRAIN' or 'SHEEP FOR WOOD'...these phrases will make sense to you and you will flash me a knowing grin...
4. You are willing to accept his lord mighty Joss Whedon as your personal savior
5. You would enjoy getting your ass kicked by me in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2...(and not to worry I'd let you win sometimes)
6. Your idea of a romantic date would be talking endlessly about whether or not Jean or Emma is better for Scott, to be followed by a cuddling session while watching Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.
7. You would like to be the Pinky to my Brain :).
...or any combination of some/all of the above.