OHKAY in all seriousness-- I'm back on OKstupid after a long period of absence; figure it's time to get back into the (exhausting) dating game. As a tech-enabled millennial, I love cutting some of the bullshit out of dating (and also hiding behind a screen).
I'm here to get off my couch and cautiously venture back out there -- new friends, a date here and there... you're picking up what I'm throwin down here
ENTJ if you believe in bucketing people into sixteenths. I just like it cuz it makes me feel smugly unique; only 1% of women are ENTJ.
Been a lotta places, seen a lotta faces: Chicago>Ithaca>DC>NYC>"the road">Chicago again>Portland. My dearest friends are scattered across the country, but I'm working to amass a groovy group out here.
I love digging through other people's crap [estate sales, thrift stores, the goodwill bins, the rebuild-it center, the curb etc.] and making arty, less crappy crap out of it. To be very clear -- still crap.
- NYT crossword puzzles, fully complete with no help through Wednesday. I have the app and do them every morning on the way to work. My grandma got me addicted years ago... not a joke.
- Putting brown M&Ms in a dating profile: nobody (including me) messages back if you say something copypastable that makes no reference to his/her profile
- Having a ton of ideas and not executing on them
I've been told I have a pretty expressive face. I like to make faces at people, and babies.
Movies: Wayne's World, iconic and most quotable cinematic masterpiece of our time. I'd also argue: critically underappreciated.
TV: IASIP. I will watch this show over and over and laugh till I pee myself... for the rest. of. my. life. Also top tier: GoT, 30 Rock
Music: I am going to give the worst answer ever: I dabble in everything. A lot. Aka, if you're evidently good, I want to hear your music. Music is everything.
Food: I love eating and I will eat just about anything, but I'm bad at being trendy about it. All the cool kids these days are foodies, aren't they?
- Wikipedia. I am a hopeless, desperate, insatiatable information addict.
- My skates. Fun fact: I've been a figure skater my whole life. Apparently in Portland being a "skater" means you skateBOARD, which is cool but I shun it
- A carefully curated collection of podcasts and audiobooks
- Food that has been cooked for me, not by me. I often go to places wherein I can pay others to cook for me.
- Creative, quirky, out-of-the-box people to surround and inspire me.
In all honesty, 50% likelihood I'm on my couch. I love it there :D
You like to look under rocks (both literally and metaphorically).
You can fix things. I promise I have plenty to contribute to this relationship, but I can't fix shit.
You've read at least one book in the past month or two. I find that non-readers tend to be poor communicators. Think about it!
And great jumping jesus christ on a pogo stick -- please be curious, smart and articulate. I have no time for people I cannot learn from.