I'll pretty much try anything at least twice. I don't think I ever really appreciate anything I'm hesitant towards on the first go-around.
Also, I should mention, that recently I discovered that at this point in my life I am not looking for anything serious. Not to say all I want to do is sleep with people but I am the kind of person that makes gut decisions and I will be the first to tell you that I will not consider how it will make you feel. Not that I might not care for you but I am an "in the moment" type of person and I encourage those around me to be as well. i.e. I don't think we do ourselves any favors by being emotionally, physically and mentally intimate with just one person. If you're still reading then continue for further explanation. (lol)
In my travels I have discovered that the conversations that I enjoy the most begin with, "where are you from?" Over the years meeting people and gaining other perspectives on the world we live in has become my life goal and primary source of happiness. Over the last couple years I have been fortunate to meet some amazing people. I have shared some truly awesome experiences with them, walked the knives edge, seen the other side and lived to tell about it. While most of my American friends are working on families and buying homes I am planning my next trip to Europe. I once believed the wife, 2.5 kids, a dog and white picket fence was what I desired. You know the American Dream. Now I know otherwise this is not in the cards for me. Not because I cannot have it but because I do not want it. What I want is to fill my life up with friends, experience and memories so when I no longer can explore this world we call home I have them to keep me company. To be completely honest I am pretty sure I am moving to Barcelona within the next two years to spend a decade or so there. Ask me why. I dare you to start THAT conversation.
- Remembering dates
- Forgetting names
- Finding good gifts
- Being a geek
- Using flirtation as a tool
- Interwebs and the 3G's and wifis and stuff
- Providing advice
- Not following my own
- Being the guy that nobody thinks will make it through the night but somehow always does
I will only list a few because I am horrible with names and titles (see above).
* Shibumi - Trevanian
* The Celestine Prophecy - James Redfield
* The Bourne Series - Robert Ludlum
* The 5 People You Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom
* Currently I am reading A Curious Mind by Brian Grazer
* The Matrix trilogy
* Toy Story
* Land Before Time (Petri is the shit, I dont give a good God damn what you think about me)
* Green Street Hooligans
* The Boondock Saints
* American History X
* Training Day
* Inside Man
* Shawshank Redemption
* Anchor Man
* Most well produced documentaries
I am especially into EDM right now but overall I'm pretty eclectic so it might be a shorter list if I put what I don't like.
* the vegi-tales themes song...wait even that's kind of catchy.
I have been trying an ovo-pescatarian diet (fish and eggs ok, other meat bad) and it's been going pretty well. I learned something about the way humans consume meat products and it prompted a change in my lifestyle. I am not one of those, "you should be a vegetarian because..." people. In fact I think cows are tasty so eat up... all of them. Please.
* A connection to those I love, both my biological and logical families
* A place to go that will afford me a unique experience
* An opportunity to meet new people
* Getting rid of most of my shit
* The state of our American Society and how I can use my skills to help it
* Friends and Family and how I can next make them smile