I don't get easily into conversation, but once in, I can be annoyingly talkative. I've started exploring psychedelics, though very cautiously. I quantify much of my life on public websites,
I've read enough (though not a lot) Marx, Adorno, Foucault to get a basic grasp of most debates of the Berlin radical left, and sympathize with much of that. But in practice, I'm more of a self-minded petty bourgeois than a social activist.
I'm on this website mostly to find some romance, or related phenomena. I've been advised to write bluntly that I'm looking for a girlfriend, and that's correct in a way – but I'm also happy to find new friends, or partners in non-romantic sexual activity. I'm a bit inexperienced in matters of love life, but I've been in an open relationship for a few years, and think it went reasonably well.
I'm currently enrolled at university for Computer Science, but hardly have time to attend due to my day job. A number of years earlier, I did some Film Studies and Philosophy there (but dropped out).
My long-term plans involve a personal mind upload, and surviving through the coming ecological collapse and/or The Coming Technological Singularity [tm].
- "Indo-European Language and Culture. An Introduction" (Benjamin W. Fortson IV)
- "The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind" (Julian Jaynes; though the author's conclusions are probably wrong)
- "The Aleph" (Jorge Luis Borges)
- "Sayat Nova" aka "The Color of Pomegranates" (Sergei Parajanov)
- "Histoire(s) du cinéma" (Jean-Luc Godard)
- "Speed Racer" (the Wachowskis)
- "Brideshead Revisited" (and I like the novel, too)
- "Babylon 5" (J. Michael Straczynski)
- "iCarly" (Dan Schneider)
- Döner Kebab
- Lindt Schokotäfelchen
- Asian chicken curry rice stuff
- "Einstein on the Beach" (Philip Glass)
- OST "Bernd und das Rätsel von Unteralterbach" (?)
- "Gling-Gló" (Björk)
I guess I should go out more often. In spite of my laziness, I feel an abstract urge to do so. But what's there to go out to socially when you're not into dancing or alcohol, and rarely impressed by public performances of any kind? Maybe some interesting lectures?
You want to go out seeing some movies made decades before either of us was born. Maybe at the Arsenal Kino?
You think, after studying this profile text and maybe some of my matching question answers, that we could be good friends.
You want to join a weekly "Hercules"/"Xena" watching marathon. Still got some room for more participants (every Thursday evening).
You want to hang out with someone in some park in/around Friedrichshain on a summer evening. For some reason, I've recently developed an urge to do so with other people.