1. My favorite thing in life is getting as far away from civilization as possible on a clear, moonless night and starring at the sky. So far the Outer Banks of North Carolina have the best night sky I've ever seen, but I'm always looking for better.
2. My second favorite thing in life is getting hopelessly lost running in a place I've never been before, and finding my way back.
3. I've given two TED talks. (If you dig around you might be able to find the video. I'm the handsome, curly haired guy talking about solar power.)
4. I averaged .6 degrees a year at UPenn.
5. I ride a motorcycle. (Go ahead check the bad boy box on your list)
6. Whenever I ride a motorcycle I wear full protective gear (and now erase the check)
7. If NASA asked for volunteers for a one way mission to Mars, I would go without hesitation. (Not that there's anything wrong with life here, but how can you say no to that?)
8. I remind everyone of someone they know.
9. I can design and build complex mechatronic systems. Wait, this isn't LinkedIn.
Running every day I can. Training for the end of the world, half marathons, and tough mudders (a half marathon with extra pain and fun).
Taking time off to relax and hang out with friends and meet new people whenever possible.
Other people say they notice my dry sense of humor, but I don't see it.
I don't read as much for fun as I used to, but when I do I like sci-fi, fantasy, brain science, and physics.
I'll watch just about anything, but I don't know if anything can compare to the golden age of hilariously awesome action movies in the mid to late 90's.
My current favorites are Archer, Community, Mad Men, and almost every show on HBO. I also have a slight problem with getting sucked into old series on Netflix and trying to watch them as quickly as humanly possible. Jericho was the latest casualty. (Great show by the way.)
I'm not too picky, and I'm always looking for new bands to check out. I tend to rockier side of the spectrum (Muse, O.A.R., Weezer (their older stuff)). I also like some techno (Ratata, Daft Punk). I know that it's hilariously stereotypical for my demographic, but I love 80's rock, there I said it.
2. Something to write with
3. Something to write on
4. New places to go
5. Important things to do
6. Time to breathe every now and again
- Ask us to identify the elemental building blocks of DNA.
- Make us solve a nasty differential equation.
- Ask us what the proper feeds and speeds are for a .5 inch titanium rougher cutting aluminum.
- Demand that we message you in binary.
- Ask us to explain special and/or general relativity.
- Hanging out with friends, grabbing a beer, or watching a movie.
- Headed down the shore for the weekend.
- Still caught up in something from work that I just can't put down.
- Taking it easy and going to sleep early after a long week.
- Fighting crime as my masked alter ego.
One of these isn't true. (Hint: I don't actually sleep)
1. You didn't really think there was going to be a list, did you?
2. Yes, some of you sound this silly in your message me if sections.
3. Seriously though, feel free to message me if you'd like to.