Curious and imaginative, looking for sweet but naughty. The geekier/more bookish, the better - artists and gamers warmly encouraged to apply :) Happy, compassionate and spiritual are always pluses. Major bonus if still in touch with your inner child: see the world with a sense of wonder, ask "why not?" instead of "why?", keep an open mind, all that good smart stuff :) Ideally, an appreciator of simple and sensuous pleasures, of humour and silliness, not too high-maintenance, nor too much into drama (it really doesn't do it for me at this age anymore); someone who enjoys companionship and communication, sharing one's day and interests but also valuing moments alone, giving and receiving lots of affection and attention.
It won't work too well with highly pragmatic or entrepreneurial (to say nothing of materialist) types, nor with the very sporty or powerplay-oriented ones. NO mind games, NO abuse of any kind.
Am I asking for too much? I don't think so, because that's exactly what I'm giving.
For details, feel free to check out my match questions :)
- mishearing things (and, generally, perceiving things quite differently than most folks, colour-blind or otherwise), usually to giggle-and-snort results
- daydreaming and/or ignoring reality for the sake of my own fiction plots, or simply pondering sci-fi/fantasy-ish what-ifs (you know this is you, too, if you go into a shoe store and you're not wondering whether a certain pair also comes in black but whether it gives +2 or +3 agility)
- overanalysing and self-bashing (hey, it took me years to get to this skill level)
- fixing interesting food and drinks combos (it's just the world that's not ready for'em yet)
- learning languages and doing some actual writing, if only I can be bothered and/or I can find the time for it
- setting up bracket pitfalls of short-term amnesia in everyday convos
- making lists of how to tackle other lists
A. The roster goes smth like this: Phantom (S.Kay), Perfume (P.Sueskind), House of Sleep (J.Coe), The Malaussene Saga (D.Pennac), Tokyo Cancelled (R.Dasgupta), various stuff by Borges, Coelho, A. Nothomb, D. Lodge, Haruki Murakami, Nick Hornby, etc
B. the order may vary, but here's where it's at: Amelie (Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain), The Unbreakable, V for Vendetta, The Phantom of the Opera '04, Rent, The Count of Monte Cristo, Nightmare before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, Sweeney Todd, Bicentennial Man, Stranger Than Fiction, Vanilla Sky, The Shawshank Redemption, Fight Club, Matchstick Men, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Memento, As Good As It Gets, Highway 66, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Pan's Labyrinth, The Prestige, The Fifth Element, Une Longue Dimanche de Fiancailles, Con Air, the Hannibal Lecter movies, the Saw movies, Hot Fuzz, Transformers, Shrek (esp. I) , Dragon Hunters, Spirited Away, Paprika (and the others by the dearly missed Satoshi Kon), Howl's Moving Castle (and most Studio Ghiblis, let's be honest here), most Pixar movies, many Disney movies (nothing beats Beauty and the Beast ^^ but Lion King and Little Mermaid are also pretty good), a coupla historical fictions (The 300, Braveheart, Rob Roy, The Last Samurai, Hero, Kingdom of Heaven, Troy, Gladiator etc), the Batman movies (particularly Batman Begins and Dark Knight), the X-Men trilogy, Spawn, Hellboy 1&2, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk (2008) (yeah, ok, most superhero movies :P), Pirates of the Caribbean, (i suppose even the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies, tho i wouldn't necessarily call them faves), Star Wars (yes, *all* of them :P), the Matrix trilogy, Day Watch/Night Watch (Dnevnoy Dozor/Nochnoy Dozor) and truckloads of others i can't really recall right now.
B'. i'm not what u might call an otaku, but i surely do love me some anime ;) particularly such titles as Samurai 7, InuYasha, One Piece, Paranoia Agent, Mushishi, FullMetal Alchemist, The Book of Bantorra, Samurai Champloo, FLCL, Katanagatari, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, Bleach, Guyver the Bioboosted Armour, Soul Eater, Fairy Tail, Nurarihiyon, Shaman King, Gintama, Grendizer/Goldorak, S-Cry-Ed, R.O.D., Avatar the Last Airbender, 12 Kingdoms, Dark Butler (Kuroshitsuji), Naruto, Digimon (not so much Pokemon, tho :P), Witchblade, DBZ and Sailor Moon (i was 12, gimme a break :P) (and many others i've forgotten :/ feel free to suggest titles)
B''. since i've got to anime series, might as well mention the others, too (tho, arguably, this will be a very gruelling task as i may have forgotten many of my beloveds from my by-gone days of tivo idling). but, tentatively, here we go (mind u, this is a list of past and present, live-action/fx and animation/cgi, and on the actual tube or on "second-hand tv", aka the Godsent that are the hosting/streaming sites):
Farscape, Fringe, Heroes, Andromeda, Babylon 5, Stargate (haven't watched much of the Atlantis spin-off, though), Mortal Kombat: Konquest, CSI:NY and CSI:LV (the original), X-Files, Profiler, the Star Treks (mostly all, not so much the era of Cpt. Kirk, though), Godzilla: TAS, Criminal Minds, The Amazing Race, Survivor, Sanctuary, Reaper, Demons, Merlin, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (but not too much of Xena), Power Rangers in most incarnations, though Zeo remains a clear favourite (i still am bedazzled by them, even for all their silliness :P), the various TV incarnations of the X-Men (especially Evolution and the original series), same for Batman and heaps, heaps more, e.g. Ben10. will add as soon as more pop into my head
C. don't really play favourites, will mostly just listen to stuff i can find, but Susumu Hirasawa is a god among men and he always manages to cheer me up/energise my work, etc. As does the gorgeous soundtrack of Andrew Lloyd Weber's Phantom of the Opera. After that, i'm pretty big on Ok Go (who are brilliantly imaginative), Queen, Rammstein, Metallica, Aerosmith, Marilyn Manson, Enya, Peter Gabriel, Regina Spektor, Pet Shop Boys, Dido, Roxette, Sting, Kylie, Shakira, Sean Paul, Avril Lavigne, September, much of ABBA, The Beatles, Taxi, Holograf and Phoenix/Pasărea Colibri (Ro. bands), ambiance music like Cafe del Mar, most Irish/Celtic/medieval-sounding tunes, "world music" (Far-Eastern, African and Central-American - the more mixed with rock-ish tunes, the better), a bit of dubstep and just oodles of others noted for individual tunes as well (including movies/tv shows' soundtracks).
D. let's see, i like Chinese, Japanese (sushi bars rock^^), Turkish and Near-Eastern, Mexican, Thai, Italian, Polish, some African dishes and most of my traditional Romanian cuisine; i'm generically appreciative (or at least curious) of most forms of (culinary) experiments. insects can be quite yummy also :D (uhm, fried/otherwise cooked, i meant...)
i don't cook (but i'd like to) [update: have leveled up to being able to bake cookies :3] but i make some mean pancakes & sandwiches, even the odd salad :D (and i absolutely *lurv* olives, tuna, pineapple (such a versatile and decadent king of fruit, but i certainly enjoy all of its subjects too), peanut butter, mince meat (pies), lasagna, various pastries, spaghetti bolognese (and all their crazy Italian family ;) ), cream soups, ice cream, pizzas, cheesecakes andand... um, *blush* let's just say i'm not picky)
- I tend to be cra--variable, let's say, at practical things that [insert preferred cussphrase] society normally labels as necessarily 'male'. Oh well. When did that ever stop me? :)
- Partly depending on my surroundings, I can be prone to depressive dips (see the self-bashing mad skillz above), which is quite the irony since most people get themselves cheered up by me and only ever get to see my grinny, joker mask. So you'd better come packing a lot of sunshine, and I'll double it :)
- I'm no superman (le gasp, right?), but I often try to fix the problems of those around me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's an epic fail, #notgonnalie
- you're a real person; no mall zombies or corpdrones, kthxbai (of course, said baddies probably won't have made it past my Wall of Text above)
- you have nothing better to do, really (how original, n'est-ce pas? :p) and want (or are willing to provide) some fun. Fun is always good :)