Will fill this out later (guess I've been saying that for a while; will eventually make another more specific and less "mysterious" profile, for now just having fun catching misplaced commas on this one, and receiving too many cake & opera requests).
Gender Shmender. (We have new options now here though)
Friendship is the best kind of ship.
P.S. I answered these questions forever ago, and I think their format, the faulty okc algorithm, and the evolution of one's life render these percentage analyses useless. Just communicate authentically, and that is how we can find out if we are compatible.
Kicking arse and taking vitamins.
Nesting Nomad. Learning. Evolving.
Attempting to master the art of diminishing my possessions so as to fit them all into a walnut shell.
Helping others discover open communication and strengthen their relationships with themselves and each other.
Holding space and bearing witness.
Words, at times.
Loving the song of the beautiful bird.
Supposed oxymorons ("You have hippie qualities, are super serious about cleanliness, and don't smoke pot? You're eccentric yet diplomatic? You don't identify as a gender, yet often present within the binary? You love children and are an excellent caretaker but won't have any yourself? Etc." Hurray for smashing assumptions!)
I wouldn't know where to start or finish, so for now "Please accept from me this unpretentious bouquet of very early-blooming parentheses: (((())))." And perhaps an excerpt/quotation of the day, a relevant beautiful song, and a cup of tea.
["There are three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't." I know I know, I'll show myself out.]
Catching up on lost sleep.
"No such thing as typicality" etc etc etc.
I'm a pro-Domme.
Spoonie (illness). It is a big part of my life. That doesn't mean I won't still make corny lewd jokes or that I want to focus on it or that I don't want you to take me out swing dancing. But it does mean that I can't climb a 7 flight walk-up, and that I'll need to sit down between each dance. But yes, take me ballroom dancing :)
To clarify the Gender Shmender part up there:
Like most social networking sites, forms, things with checkboxes, and so forth, this website fails to provide proper options and really everything needs a write-in. There are many ways in which I am traditional, and many ways in which I am not. So replace that "F" for "Female" up there with Gender-Neutral, the "Bisexual" with Indiscriminate, and the Relationship Status answer with "Not Applicable." If you have questions about all this, please feel free to ask—even, if not especially, if these are new concepts to you. I just ask that you please don't pigeon hole me or others into stereotypes/assumptions/etc about what kind of person identifies as such.
You're genuinely interested in friendship.
You understand that my proclivity for Ethical Non-Monogamy does not translate to "hey I want to cheat on my girlfriend with you/use you in disrespectful ways to deal with my fragile whatevernormativity" etc.
The rest are just fun ideas.
- You're, for example, an eighty year old gay man who would like to accompany me to the opera.
- You care to partake in some vegan cake. (You don't have to be vegan, I don't proselytize, I just bake.)
- You're rich with no where to throw your money and thus want to fund my education...in exchange for...chocolate cake and poems/obnoxiously academic jargon-filled essays. That's all I got. But I promise once I get an education, I will be able to make an informed contribution to social justice, health-related, and resource-distribution movements! At the very least, I can contribute by scrubbing toilets at shelters and safe houses, and I'd say that's a pretty darn important contribution, with or without a fancy degree.
- You want to be in on various community organizing that I am part of (events for fun, for charity, for whatever.)
- You have a band I can sing badly in.
- You are familiar with the concept of solopoly.
- You are a couple/triad/pod/individual with a baby. I love babies.
- Also dogs. Just want to hang out with your cute creatures and read Harold and the Purple Crayon and pet dogs.
- You know better than to disrespectfully unicorn me. I do love couples but I don't love being mistreated. So if my feelings don't matter as an adjacent partner, we are not a good fit.
- You want to do creative/artsy fartsy/expressive things together.
- You want to go on fake dates.
- You feel like it. (But that doesn't give permission for tomfoolery!)
p.s. : http://xkcd.com/761/ (don't forget to read the scroll-over text)