One of my recent discoveries here in China is that I am a monster. I went shopping for shoes and shorts, and my size is nigh impossible to find. :(
Old profile below, still gives you an idea who I am.
I keep changing this section around, I can only hope for the better. In short, I enjoy being active both mentally and physically, and am looking for someone where we can push each other harder. What's the phrase, the unexamined life is not worth living....
That said, of course I have a number of quirks to me. A bit of a gaming geek, all-but-oblivious of tact, and typically shy. All that and more will be revealed as you continue reading!
Some details about me -
I am a guy who does NOT:
- watch sports (why watch other people have fun? Or cheer people I've never met?)
- drink beer (tastes terrible. Girly drinks for me!)
- have kids
- have ex-wives (or current, for that matter)
- sleep with other guys (needs to be said)
But what I DO:
- Professional job
- Well traveled (10 countries and a number of states)
- I don't own a TV, and haven't since 2006
- I love girly drinks, but don't drink often - I had some white russians at New Years, for example, and something called a Pink Squirrel which was DELICIOUS! (just like drinking marshmallow)
- I love biking, hiking, and get to the gym 2-3 days / wk
- Enjoy Italian and Vietnamese restaurants, burgers, and pizza.., I am not a fan of spicy food; Pain is not a flavor!
- Educated (MBA)
- Play board games, strategy games, etc. and hit the casino. Gotta' keep the mind active.
- Love all animals that naturally occur with 4 legs or less
- I don't like watching sports, short of the SuperBowl because of commercials, and it is usually a genuinely good game.
If any of that sounds interesting, we should talk!
In the interest of full disclosure, I suck at dating. :) By that I mean I am typically straight forward, honest, and genuine. Also a bit shy. I just want to put that out there. Be patient. Be gentle. :p
And I'm on this site, so I guess I'm looking for someone to enjoy all of that with.
- Sharing my opinion
- Helping people work through problems
- Excel and PowerPoint (hooray for corporate America!)
- Playing pool (used to be awesome, anyway)
- Texas Hold'em
My beautiful eyes (and that I have eye lashes like that of a shaggy dog)
TV: Don't own one! BUT, I try to keep up with South Park, Simpsons, Family Guy, Fringe (hated the ending), Pretty Little Liars, Grimm, and WWE. Yes, I admit I watch WWE.
MUSIC: Mostly Rock and Metal with some Industrial. Avenged Sevenfold is a current favorite. And somehow I can listen to various pop, like Brittany, and whatever garbage is playing on 95.5 (can't hang with the rap, though). Classical is also nice at times.
FOOD: Non-Spicy! Pain is not a flavor. I love Vietnamese, Japanese, Italian, Chinese, Burgers, and Pizza. Sushi is a mixed bag, but I've found some good ones.
BOOKS: Mostly non-fiction on marketing, finance, investing.... e.g. The World is Flat, Tipping Point, Value Investing for Dummies. Though I did read the last 50 pages of the last Harry Potter book. That woman cannot write a fight-scene! Just recently read Dante's Inferno, and A Mid-Summer Night's Dream. Random, I know.
ENTERTAINMENT: Board games, skiing, biking, other strategy games - Anything from Texas Hold'em to Apples to Apples to chess to Dominion. I am a somewhat reformed gamer - no more D&D or Magic, but got sucked into Warmachine.
- Desserts (fruit-flavored sugar treats like SweeTarts)
- Comfortable shoes
- Internet access
- Sunglasses (no joke)
- Spell check (just added a 7th due to typos)
- Caffeine (just added the 8th because I do have a physical addiction)
- A microwave (this list just keeps getting bigger...)
And why I'm so bad at flirting. So I end up just trying to be genuine and hope for the best.
I am not a fan of going out to bars and such because it tends to be too loud to have a real conversation. Also, my hearing is damaged, and I'm trying to salvage what I have.