I'm unpretentious and unfussy, but I appreciate the finer things in life. I'm honest to a fault, but I've gotten a lot better at keeping my big mouth shut. I'm an unapologetic nerd and love to learn and solve problems. As a rule I value simplicity and the long term over flashiness and instant gratification.
My home base is very important but I also love travel. I try to plan one or two big trips every year to somewhere I've never been. I like all kinds of vacations: active, quiet, city, beach, mountains, you name it. And while I'm a city guy at heart, I also crave nature and every few weeks need to just go walk in a forest or on a beach and cough the soot out of my lungs.
I like to learn and explore, so anything on TV or in a book that feeds my natural curiosity quickly makes my short list. My inner nerd loves documentaries and any chance to learn something new about something that's already familiar. Since quitting cable I've gotten into binge-watching and loved OITNB, House of Cards, Kimmy Schmidt, Grace & Frankie...I could go on. If you can convince me it has strong characters and good writing, I'll usually give it a shot.
Food-wise, I like pretty much everything so unless you are a really picky eater, or only will eat offal or over-processed food, we'll get along just fine.
1. A good book, when I want to enjoy a day inside my own head.
2. Strong black coffee. I grind my own beans every morning (and yes, it makes a difference!)
3. Music, because life should have a soundtrack.
4. Travel, to feed my senses of adventure and perspective.
5. Humor, because life is better when you're laughing.
6. Leftovers, the lazy single man's answer to a home cooked meal.