- I want to play with and love someone who is strong, smart, ambitious about life, curious, soulful, vital, peaceful, emotionally integrated, aware and giving.
- I am endlessly curious, and I love the dance of conversation that results with a man who is too.
- I’m deep, and tough life experience (plus love and courage) has made me so. Zero regrets. It's the price of genuine peace. I need depth in my partner too. Otherwise it's like splashing in the kiddie pool when we have the entire ocean to explore.
- I believe in interpersonal resonance, even if I may not know exactly what it is, and I know when we have it. It's important.
- I live by instinct - which is the integration of all that I am - more than by analysis, though the reverse used to be true. I trust myself.
- Movement has been central to my life and profession for a decade. I am my body, undivided from my mind and my soul.
- INFP and I think it's a useful test. I tested as INTJ before I experienced a significant shift of awareness. I think the T and the J were adaptations, and excellent abilities to have. I just don't need them as much as I used to.
- I'm not always this serious ;-)
Please check out the "message me if" section....if you're not local and don't plan to be, aren't single, are more than about a decade younger than me or low on compatibility, though I really appreciate your checking in I probably won't write back. It's nothing personal, but I have to manage my connection energy pretty carefully with online dating.
I had a big health challenge a year ago and am in the long haul of recovery. Normally my physicality keeps me ready for most adventures: and I've done a lot of physically demanding activities throughout my life. I'll have to find out bit by bit what is possible now. But even in my recovery phase I'm amazed by (and grateful for) my vitality and resilience. I'm back to my own fluid form of acrobatics, handstands and other dance-inspired bodyweight training, which I love.
I have two young adult offspring who are independent and awesome, and the older one just started college at UCSD (I'm a proud mama!). Being a mom is like breathing; it's not what I "do" it's who I am. My kids are beautiful people and helping them grow is a privilege.
- Picking up on the stories present in any given moment
- Inversion :-)
- Saying what I mean and meaning what I say - except when language is an inadequate approximation of truth.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving (I love real-life puzzles).
Movies: Examples include American Beauty, The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada, Coen Brothers!, action/adventure, just nothing too dark or gruesome. I'm really bad at remembering the names of things, but I do enjoy good movies.
Shows: music in intimate settings, circus performances, dance, theater.
Music: I listen to music almost constantly. Blockhead, Ray LaMontagne, Gramatik, Zoe Keating, Black Keys, Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn, Alt-J, James Vincent-McMorrow, Ben Howard, Asgeir, Bonobo, Deadmau 5, How to Destroy Angels, Banks, Bach, modern cello - lots of stuff.
Food: I eat "Paleo", which means my food is fresh, healthy and organic/local - mostly meat and veg. Lightly sweetened, dark chocolate is definitely a food group. I don't eat a lot of grains, and a minimum of legumes and dairy. It makes me feel fantastic. The point is to reduce inflammation and stabilize energy for optimal athletic performance and general vitality.
How about a new category? How about "favorite ways of being a human" :-) Things like this from Matt Licata:
"While there are many valid reasons for being in relationship, it is possible to use the inherent provocation of intimacy to come closer to ourselves, if that is in fact what we want. It is okay if we want something else.
But if we do choose the crucible of intimacy as one of the greatest illuminators of our unlived lives, we can count on our partners to continuously remind us of what remains unresolved within. Of that which is longing to come out of the shadows and into the warmth of awareness. This reminder can be excruciating.
From this perspective, the promise of intimacy is freedom and wholeness, not a life where there is no negativity, conflict, or vulnerability. There is no promise of ‘high vibrations,’ unending joy, continuous connection, and safe respite from a weary world. In this crucible everything that has been abandoned lies in wait, yearning for holding and integration.
As we remove the burden from the ‘other’ to take care of that which we have disowned in ourselves, we plant the seeds of a new heart. For to return this task to us is the wildest, most tender, most devastating act of love that they could offer."
The sun and wind on my skin
...you live life on your own terms, authentically, unconventionally and with integrity, curiosity and passion and you're looking for the same in a full-grown woman. If you have a very strong sense of self but don't express it via ego. If you want to find your way towards a beautiful partnership and know that doesn't make you any less "independent". If your head and your heart and your body are fully wired together. If you take really good care of yourself, are fit and want to make the most of all that being healthy and strong allows you. If you are ambitious about living fully and are successful according to your own values and priorities.