A word of grammatical advice, fellas-being discreet and discrete are very different- one is for being on the down low, the other is for calculus functions. Are you naughty or do you have a sine wave?
I'm kind of like a labrador; I love a ride in a car, meeting new people, and am generally happy go lucky (I am also good with children and like the water).
Not unlike the opening line of "Take on Me" by Aha, I have no idea what to say, so I'll say it anyways...I like diseases (learning about em, I'm a student), travelling, languages, cheap red wine, rock and roll, writing, art, volunteering, being outside, and spending time with family and friends. I sing badly and shamelessly in the car and shower, wanna be a nurse when I grow up, and think Bill Clinton is one fine mother (shut your mouth). I hate the smell of dill pickles, roofing tar, and the sound of Geddy Lee's voice. I break into hysterical laughter easily, and have a genuinely irrational fear of choking to death on my spit mid-laugh. If I really love a song I will listen to it on repeat 5 to 10 times in a sitting and think more songs should have hand clapping or tamborines and that everyone in the world should get a puppy and a Coke. Or a puppy in Coke...Or on coke...Hey, the world is your oyster, man. I'm just here to help shuck...
Movies: I like dead / possessed things eating people, explosions, subtitles, talking animals, giant mutant bugs, anything Scorcese, Kubrick, Lynch, Tarrantino, or Waters has ever done, directors that don't give a rat's ass whether you "get it" or not, Brain Candy, Sunset Boulevard, Aliens, Purple Rain, Jaws, American Werewolf in London, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, and Rockys 1-4. Ooh, and Commando, because the line "I eat Green Berets for breakfast, and I'm very very hungry," is poetry. Anything and everything involving a Muppet is also high on the list.
TV: I don't ever watch it, save for the occasional Netflix binge or Blazers game at my local. There are a few that rock my soul, though: 1) Kids in the Hall / Pee-Wee's Playhouse- Anyone who knows me knows they're my fave. 2) Arrested Development 3) Twin Peaks 4) Black Books 5) Boardwalk Empire.
Music: The hills are alive with it, so I have heard. I am on a big Northern soul kick. The Dirtbombs are the greatest band ever created by the divine hand of whatever the divine creator in the sky likes to call itself. Coldplay and Rush are playing in hell for me, interspersed with Jack Johnson and Norah Jones. Jason Mraz sings like he had a recent stroke. He shouldn't do that. Whoever told him that was cute lied. My very favorites include Prince, Pulp, Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits, Talking Heads, Pavement, Joy Division, David Bowie, any and all old soul, Britpop, punk, 80s synthpop / new wave, garage, and funk. I could bore you to death with more if you asked me. "Try a Little Tenderness," by Otis Redding is the greatest song ever written. It's a scientific fact.
Food: I am willing to try anything once. I do not like capers, pickles, cantelope, or mayo, but I am down for just about anything else. I love sushi and anything involving bread and cheese.
2) Live music
3) Words and the study of languages in all forms, especially the word dude
4) My cat, Great Uncle Bootsie
5) The kind of laughter that makes you subverbal
6) Black Chuck Taylor low tops
Close calls include Slurpees, the feel of a brand new hoodie, and comics.
- You're funny without the use of the words crack, monkey, or cheese as your primary punchline.
- You can explain the strategy to playing a good game of pinball to me like I was a 4-year-old. I seriously don't get it.
- You're kind to animals, children, and the elderly. I ain't got no time for bastardry. You don't have to like em, you just have to be nice.
- You wanna slow skate to Human League.
- You like your lady to have legs like a piano.
- If you like your lady to be a bit of a grab bag. You'll get a little science nerd, a little comic book geek, a little rock and roll, a little hippie activist, a little drag queen, and a lot of fun.