I'm a geek; no getting around that. As soon as you file your application for a PhD program, your Geek card arrives in the mail. And I like the usual geeky things - science fiction books and movies, video games, all that.
I've got a situational sense of humor. Total smartass.
I am impetuous, funny, and bookish
Ok, that was just a little bit snarky. Besides the obvious (being a good student/academic), I'm a good listener, a troubleshooter, a fairly good pasta cook, able to converse on most things, and especially being a smartass.
Movies: I cannot honestly say I have any particular favorite. My movie collection is rather pathetic, but I don't really have anything I can watch over and over.
Music? I grew up on classic grunge rock, but I'm branching out. My music taste really depends on mood; if I'm driving or working on a problem, then I need music with a fast tempo and a good drum line. If I'm relaxing, trying to sleep or just chilling, then something slower, with acoustic guitar and sometimes no lyrics.
Foods? I know fish are good for me, but I'm just not a fan. Otherwise, I'm pretty much game. I'm becoming a good pasta cook and eat a lot of salads, but usually have to eat out to get anything fancier.
2) Music. I'm one of those weird people who just cannot concentrate if there isn't something on in the background. If I'm without a radio or my iPod and I'm trying to work, I get antsy. I just wish they'd let me listen to music on tests.
3) My friends. Cliché, I know - but no man is an island.
4) Sleep. Especially when curled up in sunlight coming in the windows about 10AM.
5) My car. I like to drive, especially fast and around corners. Preferably not past police cruisers.
6) Webcomics. I'm hooked on something like six different storylines.