I'm new to these parts and am still working on getting my stuff together.
In the meantime, here's some things about me:
- I'm an extroverted introvert.
- I'm straightforward and honest and not into messing with people (at least until we know each other really well).
- I work full-time as a professor in computers. My career is very stable and I love what I do. The nice thing is that I have lots of time for family and friends.
- I like to keep active. For me, that means working out 3-4 times a week (run, lift, elliptical) and getting out to do stuff. The "stuff" isn't that important as long as you have someone to do it with. My favorites are simple walks and bike rides.
- I'm secure in who I am and hope you are too.
- I don't believe in judging others or hating. Life is about love and relationships, not about stuff or money.
- A good date for me is a nice dinner followed by a slow walk. Although I'm really flexible on doing things.
This really is me.
Right now it's mostly about my teenage kids, my friends, and my work.
I love helping people learn and grow. I'm lucky in that I get to do it every day as a teacher.
I enjoy reading both fiction and non-fiction.
My movie tastes tend towards sci-fi and action, although I often enjoy a good chick-flik.
I like sea food and "see" food. I'll eat almost anything. I really appreciate good cooks. (I'm an average cook. I'm better at helping or cleaning up afterwards.)
(BTW, I don't think it's too forward for a girl to start things off. I haven't dated in years, so I may be a little clumsy and shy.)