Hi & thanks for stopping by. I wish you good luck in this venue. Please know that I do not chat and I don’t do IM. Thanks for making a note of it. ;-)
I am a widow, so I don't like the fact that this site does not give me the choice to show that. I have NOT been single all my life as the label "single" suggests. "Widowed" and "divorced" show that one has made the effort to be successful in relationship and even "divorced" does NOT mean one was unsuccessful.
I know I will find my best friend and lover, for a sacred, heart-centered union of abundance, fun, depth, & joy. We can rest, each in the other, in this relationship. Our union is a safe haven for both of us. My Beloved has most of the qualities below. For me, these are basic and necessary. I offer the same in return. If you identify with the following, I'd love to hear from you. If not, I sincerely affirm for you that you find your Beloved with speed, ease, & joy. I am sure all of us can & will find the perfect partner for us.
If this list discourages you, then instead, think of it in a possible manner that it is a simple, forthright way to get a lot across in a succinct, FRIENDLY and GENTLE way so that we can be efficient and not waste each other's time.
1. You love nature, wildlife, being outdoors on our amazing Mother Earth, remote places, the Great Lakes [especially Lake Superior], the U. P., animals, especially dogs, country living, quiet time together.
2. You are into some kind of spiritual growth or you are consciously on a Path of Spirituality, i.e., you are into Metaphysics YOU ARE NOT INTO ORGANIZED RELIGION. This could be any of a variety of venues such as Native American ways, Buddhism, yoga, New Age thinking, LofA, ACIM, Prosperity Thinking, etc. just to name a few.
3. You have already done personal therapy; thus, you bring awareness of your subconscious patterns ["baggage"] to your relationships. We ALL have baggage and you know there are 2 kinds of people: A. those who know they have baggage & have become aware of it so it does not sabotage their relationships and B. those who don't know they have baggage or believe they don't & thus keep wondering why their life and relationships don't change.
4. Everyone wants a great relationship, you have enough heartache behind you, & so you have you cared enough to learn techniques/practices so you can KEEP a good relationship & allow it to to be vibrant, loving, and growing. If you aren't already familiar with these venues/techniques, you are willing to learn them: eg/ IMAGO, "The Work" by B. Katie, H.A.I. i.e. www.hai.org, The Network for New Culture, or maybe you will introduce me to something new in this vein. See the link below.
5. You are into a healthy & holistic lifestyle. This might include organic food, alternative health care modalities, regular exercise, meditation, etc..
6. You love to laugh. It'd be great if you love to dance, too.
7. You take care of yourself and those you love.
8. You are creative in some way.
9. You want a very feminine woman who is highly intelligent and who can stand in her feminine power. That does not threaten you but it excites you for you know the wisdom in the words I just conveyed. See the link below.
10. You know the value of sensuality as an end in itself. Loving touch, eye contact, regular cuddling, frequent hugs, tender words are important to you.
11. You are demonstrative in your love & appreciation in ways that are meaningful to your Beloved. You share with her what you want, what you feel, what you think, too.
12. Politically, you lean towards liberal.
13. Balance in your life is important to you.
14. You practice The Golden Rule.
15. You are 55-68 years young and your intention is that your youthful attitude and lifestyle will keep you young even if you live into your 100's.
16. I would love to welcome your [adult] children into my life. I hope you'd welcome mine into yours.
17. To summarize: We appreciate each other's strengths, make up for our weaknesses and still maintain our own individuality that is so essential to a healthy soul and a healthy relationship. There's great long-term connection, due to that naturally strong rapport and understanding. There is a real and powerful feeling of optimism created when we're together, possibly greater than any similar feeling we can create on our own [synergy]. We'll instinctively trust and inspire each other to new heights of creativity. Whatever our ambitions are as individuals, our relationship enhances and develops them further than is possible on our own. We encourage each other in all our endeavors, personal and professional. We are supportive best friends to each other, and we value that friendship. What a wonderful foundation for a romance! We rely on each other our friendship and relationship endure any tough times that we may go through only to make our love and respect for each other stronger and deeper.
Thanks for reading & I hope to hear a positive word from you. Best wishes!
laughing & punning,
seeing both [& more] sides of an issue,
being genuine & sincere, & speaking from my heart;
written & verbal expression;
being a good & true friend
receiving & giving love & support
caring about nature, animals, Mother Earth
seeing the good in everyone/everything
I am quiet----until I feel safe.....
Movies: anything humorous, romantic, or with a good message or historical fiction, [no violence, horror, negativity---there's too much of that in the world without putting my precious time and focus on more of it!]
Music: Celtic, Bluegrass, Country, Folk, Classical, New Age, Balkan [sorry, not Jazz]
Food: healthy food--especially organic & vegetarian, tho I am not exclusively vegetarian & I try to be mostly gluten free which is getting easier & easier these days.
TV: I am not much of a TV watcher but I did enjoy The Colbert Report & The Daily Show w/Jon Stewart. I LOVED their humor! Too bad, their shows are no longer on the air. What a loss!
2. why people CHOOSE to be UNkind to others when it is just as easy to CHOOSE to be KIND.
3. past lives, ancient mysteries, The Shift of 2012 [Did it already happen? Is it still happening? Was/Is it real or not?]
4. how to commune with Mother Earth, her wildlife, her natural splendor.
5. how to help Mother Earth rebalance herself gently and quickly without dire consequences for humans and nature.
6. how I will meet my Beloved--I have the clear feeling that it'll be VERY special indeed.
You value mutual honor & respect;
!n the list in the 1st part above, you fit 1,2,3,&4 perfectly and you resonate with most of the other items on the list . ;-)