Item #1: Drink Less.
Item #2: Do More.
Item #3: Get S*** Together.
Item #4: Buy dog. Give him clever British name.
Filmmaking! That's my passion.
So naturally, I'm a corporate lawyer. For now.
To the guys cradling small furry animals in their OkC profile pictures: I see what you did there. Well played, sir.
Played volleyball in college and overseas, until my shoulder decided it was done. So it goes.
I need structure, but dread routine. It kills the soul.
My spirit animal is Maya Rudolph.
I used to throw impromptu solo dance parties whenever I became too boring or serious. Then I aged out of such shenaniganry. Bringing it back.
Born and raised in Orange County, CA.
Studied abroad at Oxford. One word: Hogwarts.
I will live in London at some point before I die. Oslo would be nice too.
SkyMall is underrated.
I have a hate-hate relationship with the word "should"...
...and those little leaflets that fall out of magazines when you pick them up to browse at the store.
"Oops" is better than "what if."
2) Plotting my jump off the Conveyor Belt.
3) Living, laughing, and loving #blessed
3) playing music by ear.
Tall-ish. Beady pebble eyes.
I secretly aspire to moonlight as a trap music DJ. Sensei welcome.
Books: I'm a bookworm, so the list is too long. But Tolkien changed my life when I was 12.
Dear George R.R. Martin, Please finish the next GoT book. In the meantime, I'll be re-reading the series. K thanks.
Movies: LOTR. Godfather Part I. Spirited Away. O' Brother Where Art Thou. Gladiator. Napoleon Dynamite. Zoolander. How To Train Your Dragon. Fantasia (the 1950's original). Step Brothers. The Other Guys. Anything Adam McKay. Anything Ridley Scott (update: except Exodus). Anything not Michael Bay. Star Trek. Midnight in Paris. Annie Hall. Frozen. Mulan. Pulp Fiction. 12 Years a Slave.
Virunga: the power of visual storytelling in a nutshell.
Shows: GoT. Sherlock. Louis. Adventure Time. 30 Rock. House of Cards. Homeland. The West Wing. The League. Monty Python's Flying Circus. Battlestar Gallactica (yep). Fresh Prince. 90's Nickelodeon. Avatar. Portlandia. Bob's Burgers. not The Wire.
Stranger Things: the only show I've binge-watched twice.
Food: The unofficial state foods of CA: Mexican and fro-yo.
Glüwein. It warms the soul and tastes like Christmas.
Podcasts: How Did This Get Made. Comedy Bang Bang.
2) something to look forward to
3) a day completely to myself
4) a creative outlet
5) yoga pants
6) the ability to laugh at myself
- My original Gameboy, and why/how/when it went missing. 97% sure it involved my mother and Goodwill.
- A bluegrass-hip-hop compilation.
- The next step.
*Note: Not to be confused with dance parties. Those are awesome. Especially impromptu ones.
- Once upon a time, in the Land Before Facebook, pictures were taken. Pictures with horizontal peace signs, pouty lips,
and heads tilted jauntily to the side. Any and all evidence of said pictures has since been destroyed.
... I could say they were taken ironically, but that would be a lie.
I would say "don't judge," but I fully expect judgment here.
- I'd be sorted into Slytherin.
2) One of your photos is a shirtless selfie taken in front of a mirror.
3) You're a fan - or at least a disciple - of the Comfortable Silence.
4) You don't own anything that cleverly misappropriates Britain's WWII mantra.
5) Social media slightly overwhelms you too.
6) #3 under "What I'm Doing With My Life" made you hate me a little bit.