- The skinny: MD -> PA-> Nagoya -> MD -> Chicago -> MD. Someday I'm going to add Oahu as my last stop. Unfortunately, I am not metro-accessible. I like travelling (who doesn't!?) roller coasters, building pillow forts, road trips, live theater, socializing in small groups, growing heirloom vegetables, cooking, finding the humor in any situation, chasing pigeons, "saying it with my chest" (Kevin Hart), and having Seinfeld-esque discussions about everyday minutiae.
- I LOVE to laugh and make mischief. I'm interested in anything and everything, and I can get pretty passionate about things, especially when I have somebody to bounce ideas off of. If you can spin a story out of going to the grocery store and end it with a hilarious punchline, I'm yours forever. Haven't you heard? Happiness multiplies when shared. ;)
- Documentaries, new experiences/international travel, wine tasting, discovering cool new-to-me places on yelp/eater, walking/hiking/picnics, and deep intellectual discussions about psychology, current events, history, science, health, technology, etc. are not only welcome, but encouraged. Seriously, my mind never stops.
- I'll whisper you dirty jokes in a classy restaurant so's we can get our laugh on in the most appropriately inappropriate of times. :P
- I was gaming and watching anime way before it was cool. FF4 > FF6, but Odin Sphere beats them both. :P Unfortunately, adult life leaves less time for such hobbies. Now Cards Against Humanity is my jam.
- I don't really have a "getting to know you" period. I'll talk to you like I've known you for years. Although, I am actually really sensitive to other's emotional states, and it definitely helps if you are, too. That being said, I take people at their word and appreciate the same in return.
- I'm looking for someone who leans introverted, appreciates my sensitive side, will laugh at my cheeky antics (and maybe even join in!), is thoughtful, intelligent, extremely honest with their emotions, open-minded, and is willing to go questing with me on this crazy adventure known as life.
4w5 INFJ. 'nuff said.
Eating my way through DC, one delicious discovery at a time. My current favorite is the brunch at Iron Gate. I would do borderline illegal things for their Nicolaki cocktail. Food is fucking amazing and just another way to have an adventure. :)
Listening, understanding, and seeing a concept from many different angles, from the deeply complex to the mundane and absurd. True understanding is felt.
Getting lost and pretending to take the scenic route to get to our destination.
Introducing my more uptight friends to the trenches of debauchery that exist in our society. You know what a "Cosby sweater" is, right? Go ahead, urban dictionary it. I'll wait. ;)
But honestly, I truly enjoy learning. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm good at it but that's what life is about - progression.
What I'm not good at: small talk, crowded bars and clubs where you have to shout to even hear yourself, and passivity. Life is too damn short for us to not know what we want and go for it. :D
Movies: The Fountain, Cloud Atlas, Atonement, Lars and the Real Girl, Amadeus, Gone with the Wind, House of Flying Daggers, Shinobi, Kingdom of Heaven, Death at a Funeral, Blades of Glory, Zoolander.
TV shows: Always Sunny, Last Week Tonight, The Daily Show, SNL, Archer, Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, the League, Seinfeld, Southpark, Breaking Bad, True Detective, Da Vinci's Demons, Firefly, Downton, Skins (original UK), Top Chef, British period series, Asian dramas, Anime (subbed only!), and documentaries.
Music: A few select American bands, Jpop, Kpop, TWpop, classical music (I played the violin for 8 years as a kid so - like with diamonds - I pretty much have to). I'm open to suggestions!
Food: Contemporary American/molecular gastronomy; local nose-to-tail, farm-to-table cooking, heirloom stuff I grow, sushi, dim sum and really anything good. Tasting menus. Borderline chef groupie.
2. My lifelong friends and good company. Anything is an adventure with good company.
3. Honesty & curiosity
5. Gratitude & kindness
6. Shared laughs, especially those induced by movie/tv references
7. The calm before a summer's storm
Yes, I know that's 7. I'm such a rebel.
Life, whether we're living in a hologram, and how to unravel the mysteries of the universe.
How to make the world a better place, one person at a time. And people - how they interact, what makes them tick, how they love, how they hate, and what to do about it - on an individual level.
Seriously, what did you expect me to say? :P Like everyone else, I'l be unwinding from a long week...whatever that entails.
Update 7/6/2016: Wandering around your backyard trying to catch that Squirtle.
You believe that flaws make us beautiful.
You take calculated risks. When you want something, you dive in head first. You prefer phone conversations to text, and believe that planning a date is not a lost art.
You're a witty conversationalist. You're less into your own monologue and more into connecting with people. You can tolerate bouts of nerdiness and uncouth humor. You actually want to meet up, not just write messages like penpals.
You want a best friend and a serious relationship.