I am what you might call a free thinker and an atheist who, at this stage of my life has come to think of religion in general as a plague to the human family, the world over.
While not particularly interested in sports, I have found that sailing is a very stimulating and multi-facetted activity that I’ve come to greatly enjoy.
In general, I tend to spend much more time alone than in the company of others. At the same time, being happily married, I love sharing time with my wife of 40+ years. I do enjoy debating ideas and exchanging them with thoughtful people, particularly in writing.
I am trustworthy, creative, and rational
When at home near Monterey (CA) where I spend about 6 months each year, it is a fine time to recharge my batteries and to step back in this environment where verbal communication and life in general is so easy. This is my chance to catch up on about 6 month worth of (mostly technical) papers and magazines and to keep the place in good working order.
Whether at home or on the boat, thanks to the Web, access to news and contact with family and friends is easily maintained.
- listening to new ideas and debating them
- using my hands to make and repair things
- designing new and useful mechanical and electrical contraptions
- making decisions quickly and modifying them later if and when desirable
Movies – drama and adventure (The Hunt for Red October, 12 Angry Men, The Scent of a Woman, Indecent Proposal, A man for all Seasons, Absence of Malice, Top Gun, Men of Honor, Pretty Woman, Guess Who is Coming to Dinner, The Verdict)
Music - mostly classical, music from the Andes and Celtic music (i.e. Enya)
Food - French, Chinese, Mediterranean (equal preference)
1. love (giving and receiving),
2. intellectual stimulation (news, books, magazines, movies)
3. creating (designing new things, problem solving in general)
4. challenges (overcoming adversity)
5. adventure (seeing new places, visiting other cultures)
6. doing something for others (sharing, helping)
Possible improvement and enhancements of various sailboat subsystems. And also about making the most of the remaining years of my life. Oh, and to be honest, I should also say that sex is still very much on my mind.
If on the sailboat, currently in Turkey, I am likely to be either fixing something, planning to fix something or designing some kind of enhancement. On occasion, I would be found in the company of other ex-pat sailors at a nearby watering hole trading tips and stories.