I grew up in the Bay Area, and I always enjoy the company of new folks.
I spend my weeknights at the bar discussing academic papers. Please contain your excitement.
If you're into the Myers-Brigg thing, let me know, and I'll tell you more.
Working on figuring out how to solve the superlinear information growth, and interaction problem [feel free to ask me what this means]. A lot of this means spending my time reading about databases, cryptography, and news.
• Asking "why not?" And saying Fuck You to the rules!
‣Using weird bullets
I'm really bad at:
◦ Eating a proper breakfast, and of course I am more or less incapable of waking up early. All the best fun is at night though, right?
I like a variety of music depending on the mood. Daft Punk, Nine Inch Nails, Massive Attack, Gorillaz, Phoenix, and Cake are all awesome in my book. I've seen Gorillaz, Nine Inch Nails, and Cake live, and they were amazing.
I love radio (NPR, PRI). This American Life, Serial, Freakonomics Radio, Planet Money, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, How to Do Everything, and Radiolab are all great. Story telling by audio puts so much more strain on the storyteller to convey emotions using their voice, and writing style rather than flashy special effects.
[If you like any of the above, you win major brownie points]
• Computers: They're wonderful devices that keep me employed
• Cell phone: How else am I going to drunk text?
• Internet: All of those awful YouTube videos
• Something to learn: I am an information sponge.
• People: Without them, all of the above would be useless.
• What's in the box from Pulp Fiction
Sometimes the two mix, and I get some shots of our ridiculous antics after our mission has been terminated.
- -- ---- -------- ---------------- --------------------------------
(complete the pattern)
Want to say hello but have no idea what to say? Here, I'll help you out:
‣ Tell me what makes you feel most alive.
‣ What's the best concert you've seen?