- I am the product of a nurse so Irish she still has the accent and a photographer so Texan he'll never lose the accent. I love them, love my brothers, love my dog, love my friends.
- I moved to Denver 7 years ago to play in the sun & mountains as much as possible, while still maintaining gainful employment.
- I used to be a world-traveling consultant and still mourn losing my frequent flyer statuses.
- I'm very open-minded, laid back, non-judgmental, adaptable and independent.
- Both friends and strangers confide in me. A lot.
- I'm a total skeptic and embrace alternative viewpoints.
- I hike, ski (not very well), backpack, mountain bike, snowshoe, camp.
- I'm game for trying anything active with an -ing attached: kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, rock-climbing, hang-gliding, road-biking, high-lining, snowboarding... Introduce me to something new!
- I have found that I don't realize I'm afraid of something until after I've done it.
- When communicating with someone who has a point (rather than a fun story) I prefer the other person to state the point up front and then provide supporting details.
- I care a whole, whole lot about my food, where it comes from and how it was raised. The friends I find myself boasting about the most run a disabled-veteran-owned sustainable organic farm in Western NY and I think they totally kick ass.
- I debated putting periods on the ends of my bullet points above. Did I do it right?
- I really love bullet points.
For non-work ventures I'm coming off of a couple-year period where I let regular physical activity slide a bit, due to illness and injury. I'm hoping to avoid the injuries and am working on regaining my physical fitness. I like to fling kettlebells around, try my hand at inversion poses in yoga, and run with my dog. Actually, "running" is an overstatement, it's more like a fast march. On weekends I love to play in the mountains (see above). I also feel most fantastic on a paleo/primal way of eating.
Cooking up deliciousness.
Questioning convention and conventional wisdom.
Movies - I have nothing against movies, I just don't find myself getting excited about going to see them. If anything, my Netflix history is mostly documentaries.
Shows - I've been without cable for a few years until just recently. And there's STILL not much worth watching in my opinion. I have totally gotten into Game of Thrones and Orange is the New Black, though.
Music - I go see a lot of live music. The audience for the shows I go to tends to feature a lot of male facial hair. I dig it.
Food - I'm a seriously good home cook, and I prefer to follow a more primal/paleo way of eating. You should know this bleeds into much of my lifestyle.
But six things I really LIKE are:
1. Red wine
2. Rainbows/Thunderstorms/Snow/Mountains/Valleys/Water. Basically all of nature.
3. National Geographic magazine
4. My passport
5. My dog
6. Bullet points
In the spring/summer/fall I prefer to be up in the mountains sitting around a campfire drinking wine from a box and chatting with friends. Winter is more likely to see me hosting friends at home, making them try my latest culinary creation, and drinking wine although in this scenario *probably* from a bottle.
I also enjoy a good dive bar and go see quite a lot of live music. And every once in a while I'll pull out the Texas-gal and put on some sequins and heels.