You are the same, in female form. Or you are totally different, but you have a hunch we might wow each other anyway.
I want to...
...walk down quiet streets as dusk fades into night.
...wander art galleries, stop for martinis, and then go listen to experimental jazz.
...read poetry out loud to each other
...laugh like crazy
...have conversations where we look up and it's suddenly 2 am.
...go on daring adventures. Of course we can explore exotic locales: Marrakech and Laos murmur like the Sirens in my ears, and I'm sure a few places whisper just as seductively to you. But we will feel just as compelled by the adventures that happen at home, the kind in which we seek treasure in the obscure territories within each other and ourselves.
...eat breakfast in bed, which I will skillfully prepare
Actually, what they notice is that I am not a ninja.
- The Master and Margarita
- Dark dark chocolate
- Elizabeth Bishop
- My Bloody Valentine
- M. F. Doom
- Miles Davis
- Jose Saramago
- The Cage of Sand, by J. G. Ballard, which I have reread so obsessively that the cover is falling off the book
- Joan Didion
- The Chorus of Exiled Palestinians, by John Adams
- Seamus Heaney
- The Lives of Others
- The Psalms of David
- Shrieking noise rock
- Chelsea Wolfe and Pharmakon
- Delicate acoustic guitar
- Angels Envy
- Indian spices
- Ethopian food messes
- Shakespeare done right
- The feel of moist air on my skin and in my lungs.
- The Central Park Ramble just after sundown; the Western Highlands of Scotland; the scrub desert of southeast Kenya; the colossal stacks of shipping containers on the southbound Jersey Turnpike...and the Richard Serra sculptures that are pale imitations of them.
- Books about psychology, spirituality, and post-quantum physics
- Bojack Horseman!
Authentic communication about deep, vulnerable things
Music and poetry--making it and taking it in
Until then, I'm having drinks with friends, and if we're home, I'm the one mixing them.
You run deep, psychologically and spiritually.
You are looking for something serious...or you're not, but you are a shit-ton of fun, and you know where to get good cocktails, cheap cocktails, or good cheap cocktails.