You are the same, in female form. Or you are totally different, but you've got a hunch. You love sensory pleasure, laughter and all forms of mischief, but you are still quite serious-minded. You are oriented toward communication, depth, psychological thinking, and personal growth. You may be a bit of a perfectionist-nerd, and some people might call you tightly wound, but you know full well how wild and passionate you are underneath it all, and that's good enough for you.
...walk down quiet streets as dusk fades into night.
...wander art galleries, stop for martinis, and stay up late listening to nutty jazz.
...read poetry out loud
...laugh like crazy
...have conversations where we look up and it's suddenly 2 am.
...teach each other, learn from each other, inspire each other to grow
...share all things exotic and ordinary
- The Master and Margarita
- Elizabeth Bishop
- M. F. Doom
- Miles Davis
- Everything by Jose Saramago, but especially Blindness
- The Cage of Sand, by J. G. Ballard, which I once reread so obsessively that the cover fell off the book
- Joan Didion
- The Chorus of Exiled Palestinians, by John Adams
- Seamus Heaney
- The Lives of Others
- The Psalms of David
- Shrieking noise rock
- Delicate acoustic guitar
- Indian spices
- Shakespeare done right
- The feel of moist air on my skin and in my lungs, especially when out running at dawn
- The Western Highlands of Scotland; the scrub desert of southeast Kenya; the shipping containers on the southbound Jersey Turnpike, and the Richard Serra sculptures that palely imitate them.
- Books about psychology, spirituality, and post-quantum physics
- Bojack Horseman!
Communication and connection
Music and poetry
Your kisses (yes, I'm living without them so far, but still...)