You are the same, in female form. Or you are totally different, but you have a hunch we might wow each other anyway.
I would like to...
...walk down quiet streets with you as dusk fades into night.
...wander art galleries together, stop for martinis, and then go listen to nutty jazz.
...read poetry to each other
...laugh like crazy
...have conversations where we look up and it's suddenly 2 am.
...go on daring adventures: some will involve exotic locales: others will take place closer to home, and will involve the obscure territories within each other and ourselves.
...share all things exotic and quotidian
- The Master and Margarita
- Elizabeth Bishop
- My Bloody Valentine
- M. F. Doom
- Miles Davis
- Jose Saramago
- The Cage of Sand, by J. G. Ballard, which I reread so obsessively that the cover fell off the book
- Joan Didion
- The Chorus of Exiled Palestinians, by John Adams
- Seamus Heaney
- The Lives of Others
- The Psalms of David
- Shrieking noise rock
- Chelsea Wolfe and Pharmakon
- Delicate acoustic guitar
- Indian spices
- Shakespeare done right
- The feel of moist air on my skin and in my lungs, especially when out running at dawn
- The Western Highlands of Scotland; the scrub desert of southeast Kenya; the colossal stacks of shipping containers on the southbound Jersey Turnpike--and the Richard Serra sculptures that are pale imitations of them.
- Books about psychology, spirituality, and post-quantum physics
- Bojack Horseman!
Communication about deep, vulnerable things
Music and poetry--making it and taking it in
Laughter, lots of it!
Kissing you (yes, I'm living without it so far, but still...)
Until then, I'm having drinks with friends, and if we're home, I'm the one mixing them.
You run deep, psychologically and spiritually.
You are looking for something serious...or you're not, but you are a shit-ton of fun, and you know where to get good cocktails, cheap cocktails, or good cheap cocktails.