At 36 starting over is not fun but I think it can be considered a test of ones esteem. I started out in shambles but after help I have new goals and am happy in life. I enjoy church, I go every Sunday and I also attend a single parent help group that is a true help.
I now live with my parents, ok sad yes but we all have to start somewhere! I am disabled, I suffer from petit mal seizures, 30-45 second 'spaced' auras. They don't effect my day to day life, I have 1 or 2 about every 30 days. It does, however, keep me from driving - down here that is a big problem! After my second car accident caused by a seizure, where I rear ended a lady and her daughter, I gave up my license freely. I have a scooter which gets me easily to most places, I have taken it to Wilmington and to myrtle beach. OK, a scooter isn't the most ideal mode of transportation but I can ride all week long for less than 20$. With a lot of family close by if I need a ride it isn't hard to find.
I owned a very successful house painting business until my disability and the housing market slowed to a crawl. I still paint, I do smaller jobs when they are available. I also work part time as a cashier, I enjoy the job, I love to talk with the customers and see the locals.. Holden Beach is not a big area, seems like we all know each other here.
I find being honest on my profile will weed out the ones who are looking for perfection... We all know that is very hard to find, I feel my positives out weigh my negatives and am worth starting a conversation with or continuing one I start.
- I'm a great cook
- I enjoy fly fishing and surf casting
- I was very good at being my oldest cub scout den leader
- I love bowling, I suck but its fun to get together with my league mates and have some drinks
- I do hobby woodcrafts, I enjoy the step by step process of turning a plain piece of wood into a chair or Yankee sign or gnomes house.. you get the idea
- I enjoy camping, we go up to the mountains or take the trucks to Davis island for a 4 day surfcasting adventure on the beach
- I am also a gamer.. I was hooked on World of Warcraft for over a year! that game was like a drug! I don't play the online games anymore I do enjoy my PC games
- I used to play my guitar religiously, when I was much younger I played in a band. When the family started, most the toys went away, I am ashamed to admit I sold 2 beautiful Gibson Les Pauls. I think of that as a show of putting the right things first!
Movies.. Anything really
Books.. I love Biographies, Dave Mustaines was fantastic
TV shows.. Love shows like Bizarre foods with Andrew Zimmern and duck dynasty. I love the educational shows, my son and I love watching them together. I like that he enjoys them, we spend time talking about them after we watch them (he loves Stephan Hawking). Every morning I have to wake up to the news with my coffee.