A new adventure!
Live bag very near Pisa.
I just viewed OKCupids "Personality" assessment of me.
It is very contrary to the feedback I get back from people that I know. They tell me I have a somewhat a more kindly disposition than what OKC assessment. Either their algorithms are back to front, or there is something about myself that I am yet to be enlightened - or perhaps better put - de-enlightened - about myself.
On to my self summary.
I like to intersperse conversations with little perls of wit - but I really am quite a serious guy - deep down -
- I have two children who are grown up and very independent who I interact with as adults. They live 100% not with me and are kind enough to leave a couple of minutes in their week to enjoy a meal together - sometimes - if their social life is not too full!
- enjoying the company of friends and family
- in my small ways looking after the place we live in
- keeping myself physically and mental active and that includes love and relaxation.
just a joke to fill in while polishing up thoughts to go here
- working for the love of what I do, not only for the money :-)
- never acting on time on my great ideas
- helpful to others ( call me if you need help to move house or worried about a government conspiracy and need a reasoned opinion )
- a happy smile and long arms
Observant intellectual, more outwardly reserved, full of
passion with a
boyish countenance - yet mature reasoned personality
- spontaneous - yet reliable ( Once a 100% - but too much
latin/italian influence lately so I am more like 95% on time :-) )
- I think for myself avoiding the conventional wisdom, unless the conventional wisdom is in fact wise.
- support alternative views and the little or unfortunate guys or
gals in our community
- live sustainably for a low impact on the earth - you know, hang
out the laundry in the garden; sun dried is so much better :-)
Grateful Dead, Verdi, Pugliese, Iggy Pop, Elvis Costello, Beatles,
David Bowie, The Cure, Cream, The Who, The Datsuns, DD Smash,
Alfredo Gobbi, Annie Lennox, Blondie, Andrew McLennan, Anto
Beethoven (Ludwig van ), Vivaldi, Astor Piazolla, Bob Dylan, Dylan
Thomas, U-2, Canaro, Donizetti, Eric Clapton, Graham Brazier,
George Harrison, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Lou Reed,
The Doors, Rolling Stones, Ngoi Powhai Rangi, Osvaldo Pugliese,
Serge Gainsbourg, Sheryl Crowe, Verlane, The Police, Mozart... at
that is about 1/10th of the iTunes list.
Jazz, not so much the meandering kind, Coltrane, Keith Jarret
Pinot Noir, Burgundies.
Movies: independents, film noir... and it was the San Jose film festival
books: Brian Mosely, Under the Desert Sky - Borges.
Graham Green, Graham Swift. I enjoy well written prose.
- friends - although I am very much self sustaining it is always
nice to hang out
- music - all sorts, and now and then I even play a tune or two
(indeed I am learning to play bass guitar - and sometimes the
- dancing - nothing like a late night tango (yes it is dancing
- cycling/hiking/outdoors/forest/oceans, best enjoyed by getting
there by bike :-)
- discourses on subjects from space-time to coffee beans but mostly
word play on snippets of conversation keeps things with a touch of
- watching the moon rise over the ocean - if I am on an east coast :-)
- watching the moon set, if i am on the west coast and up very very late :-)
- early night for a busy weekend
- late dinner party
- well probably three times, now that I remember the dances performances while painting art shows.
I should pick less enterprising friends.
- I sometimes think about how it would be if we had to co-exist with the dinosaurs
- I have a coffee grinder and make the strongest, best tasting
- you like conversations that are not cliched
- oh yes and walks on the beach... sleeping under the stars with
coyotes howling in the distance ( that is if you can sleep and
listen at the same time :-) )
- just might like to bike there.