I'm a tall, thin, kind, cuddly geeky Sapiophile with a small child.
I'm starting another little company. A couple of mine were moderately successful in the past.
Starting a project to help Atheist and religious folks respect each other more by making the shared value of compassion / kindness more salient.
Types of Books: History of Science, Behavioral Economics, Science Fiction, and History.
Authors: Dr. Seuss, David Brin, Salman Rushdie, Neal Stephenson, Timothy Ferris, Philip K. Dick,Kurt Vonnegut, Richard Feynman, William Gibson, Orson Scott Card, John Brunner, and others that are harder to spell.
Specific Books: Coming of Age in the Milky Way, Against the Gods. Diamond Age. The God Virus. Freakonomics.
Movies: 13th Floor. The remake of The Thomas Crown Affair. Source Code. Serenity (Firefly). The Game. The Book of Eli. Gattaca. 13th Floor.
Live Shows: Almost any Broadway Musical
TV Shows: Smash. Bones. Burn Notice. Babylon Five. Battlestar Galatica. Crusade. Dr. Who. Kyle XY. Utena. The Pretender.
Food: Popcorn. Chocolate. Popovers. Well made junk food.
Numb3rs, and most recently
maybe some others; but that is close to an exhaustive list for the past five years excluding television for small children.
Fortunately, I purify myself from exposure to TV by eating extra Chocolate; especially Dark Chocolate.
That's my confession.
and maybe others;
(2) You love science fiction, or
(3) Enumerated lists, or
(4) You love cuddling while watching science fiction and planning weekend activities with small children, or
(5) You have an interest in NVC (NonViolent Communication); especially if you'd like another empathy buddy, or
(6) You know something about Radical Honesty -- I have a vague thought of how one might combine it with NVC to create Gentle Honesty and I have no idea how practical it might be, or
(7) You're interested in sharing home cooked weeknight meals, or
(8) You sing Badly, but with Great Enthusiasm, or
(9) Kindness / Compassion is your current religion (help with the conversion process available upon request; Atheism my the preferred), or
(10) You're interested in how to get people to get along better with one another (especially Atheists and religious folks), or
(11) You're interested in usability issues in HTML5 applications, or
(12) You secretly giggle whenever anyone asks if you like the taste of beer, or
(13) You have thoughts on or an interest improving the resiliency of people in general and small children in particular, or
(14) You proud to be a Sapiophile especially if you like that better than being called a Sapiosexual,
(15) You're into hugs in a big way, or most importantly,
(16) You want to be cherished forever and ever and ever.