Movies: I enjoy many types, just have to be in the mood for whatever flavor comes up. Usually enjoy the gay-themed drama/comedy stuff on Netflix, action-packed comic book superhero stuff, or the epic storybook series like LOTR as well. Pretty diverse interests. Oh, and Rush (2013) was a pretty awesome flick too.
Music: I have a very diverse library from baroque classical to grunge rock. Don’t really get into modern hip-hop or rap (total junk, imo). Particular affinity for the late 1800s to early 1900s American music like ragtime, musicals, video game soundtracks, etc..
Food: Thai, Indian, Mediterranean, Mexican are probably my top picks. Since the weight loss stuff, old favorites are mostly off limits. But honestly they aren't all that great anymore. A good round of spicy Thai or Indian, seafood (love the northwest salmon), or a creative run on the salad bar is practically perfect. :-)
2. friends / companionship
3. technology (I'm addicted, but it's what pays my bills so it isn't the worst thing I don't think.)
4. a car or adequate means to get to and from places
5. adequate sleep
I will admit that I spend a good amount of time thinking about life in general. So much has changed in the past two years, some of it physical, others mental. My expectations about what is “supposed” to be and not has drastically changed. I try not to have many expectations, to be honest; much is like an open-ended Choose Your Own Adventure novel, but the adventure is where it is at. I think. :-P
Big kudos for those who appreciate and enjoy musical theatre.
Plusses (yeah, big plusses) if you:
- have a plan for your life
- like kissing and physical contact (kind of a big deal)
- have a positive outlook on life
- have respect for yourself, your body, and your decisions (good hygiene, et al)
- can communicate effectively
- at least try to use a spell check and decent grammar
Despite my previous statement about open-endedness, my life is rather stable. I don't mind a bit of crazy now and again as in we go out on Friday night and close down a club once in a while. But that sort of stuff is wearing thin on me. If you are the type that can't keep it in check and you must create chaos in your life because things are too steady, that isn't going to work out so well for me.
- smokers … except an occasional 420 moment ...
- other heavy drug users
- overly-superficial people (think Keeping Up Appearances)