A friend once described me as "the opposite of an earnest youth."
I currently live at home while I'm working on getting my career started and earning enough money to get my own place.
Finding the humor in things
Words and stuff
Making weird noises/faces and using strange voices. Yes, this is something I take a lot of pride in
Raising my left eyebrow
Burning my mouth on hot beverages
Opening packages from the wrong end
I very much enjoy reading but never make enough time for it. Also, I am a Harry Potter fangirl.
- I'm a sucker for Pixar and the Disney movies of my youth (and beyond). If I had to pick, I'd say Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie ever.
- I strongly believe that any movie can be entertaining with the right company and snarky commentary.
- Current and life-long faves include: Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Futurama, The Simpsons, Rocko's Modern Life, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Adventure Time, Regular Show, South Park, Mad Men, Louie, The Mighty Boosh, The IT Crowd, Conan, Once Upon a Time, Bob's Burgers, Breaking Bad
The last show I marathoned on Netflix (my longest, most committed relationship) was the original Star Trek, and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
- I will talk your ear off about the Beatles if you let me.
- I've been known to channel my inner Freddie Mercury in my spare time
- I will never say no to a musical, because I love to sing and because of their general awesomeness
- Yes, please.
- I have a bagel with coffee almost every day and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. No, I don't have a problem.
- I embrace (i.e. consume enthusiastically) foods of all ethnic origins
- Cilantro is amazing and there can never be enough of it.
- I FUCKING LOVE BAKING.
- Laughter (both appropriate and inappropriate. Though the latter is way more fun.)
- Hugs (they make the world a better place. That's science.)
- Delicious food items (I am spoiled, food-wise, and I am NEVER GOING BACK I TELL YOU!)
- Dogs (we would all be a hell of a lot happier if we could experience one tiny iota of their joy. My life doesn't feel whole without one near me. These hands need to pet fuzzy little noggins!)
- Hope for the future (DRIVE-BY SUPER SERIOUS ITEM!)
- How cute my dog is
- Silly TV in serious ways
- What color I'm going to paint my nails
- Utter nonsense that just makes me giggle
- When I can swing it, hanging out with friends. Alternatively at home, chilling on my own, playing a video game or dicking around on the internet and being generally lame (because that's how I roll), but chatting with friends from afar. It's like hanging out for lazy people with no money.
- You want to snark WITH me, not at me.
- You don't have a negative reaction to the word 'feminism.'
- You can sing the lower harmonies on Beatles songs. I have Beatles Rock band and I'm not afraid to use it.
- You're taller than I am. I'll admit that's pretty important to me.
- You enjoy practicing the fine art of saying smart things in the dumbest way possible.
- You can appreciate the merits of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4
- You know how to write a first message that actually is conducive to conversation. Or are willing to try. (Hint: something that requires a response. Like, you know, a QUESTION.)