My gingerbread condo is full of books, spinning wheels, perfumery, shrines to heathen goddesses, cats, homemade cordials, delicious things for me to feed you and expensive shoes.
I blog about the occult and witchcraft and I'm a published author who writes erotica and spirituality pieces. Since that pays roughly what you expect it to pay, I also work in finance. It sounds v. exciting on paper (everyone's dirtiest secrets! The NSA!), but is actually mostly proofing numbers, numbers, numbers.
I make small batch artisan goods that I sell primarily at Punk Rock Flea Markets, Pagan Prides and SCA events.
I'm a passionate girl, I tend to love hard, if not easily. I'm polyamorous which means I love more than one person at a time. Currently, I have (1) husband, (1) girlfriend (who is slightly less local in Boston), (1) boyfriend, (1) Boy That I'm Beating and (1) Girl That I'm Beating.
I prefer kitchen table style poly, where various metamours and lovers can be at the same party or watch a movie together occasionally and it's not A Thing.
I'm kinked and consider that to be a core part of my person as well.
Boys. (Because it's inevitably boys mailing me in this situation) I am polyamorous. This means I'm not interested in you unless your profile *explicitly* states that you are poly too. I *only* answer mail if your profile states that you are poly as well. You're wasting your time otherwise.
My favorite thing in the world right now is hostessing cocktail parties. I love playing dress up, I love wearing ridiculous heels for the first half hour before I switch to ballet slippers, I love feeding people I love, I love the conversation, I love the smokiness in the room and I love that delicious feeling that comes from three cocktails. As an extroverted-introvert, it means I can feel social and flirt and dance when I want to and hide in the kitchen when I've had enough.
My favorite kind of wool to spin right now is Blue Faced Leichester because they sound like party sheep to me.
Spending time at conventions and festivals like Pennsic, GKE, and The Faerie Festival.
Faves: Anything Kushiel, anything Philippa Greggory, anything Holly Black, The Julie & Julia Project, The Red Goddess, biographies about porn stars and play boy bunnies that I read with my sister.
2. Dream for an Insomniac, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Only Lovers Left Alive, anything Baz Luhrmann, Jennifer's Body, Ginger Snaps, The Craft, Empire Records, Secretary, Gingersnaps, Clueless, Kevin Smith movies, Turner Classic Movies like North by Northwest, Now Voyager, The Stepford Wives, etc.
2.1 (tv) My So Called Life, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Law & Order, GossipGirl, 30 Rock, Mad Men, Gilmore Girls, Degrassi, Trashy Reality Television, Stranger Things, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, John Adams, The Tudors, The Borgias, Weeds, Sherlock, Star Trek and Downton Abbey.
3. There's not a lot I don't like. The Decemberists, Fiona Apple, Amy Winehouse, Adele, Lady GaGa, Dar Williams, Tori Amos, Ani Difranco, Rilo Kiley, Dresden Dolls, Rasputina, The Cure, The Smiths, Lordes, Lana del Rey, Fleetwood Mac, anything my parents listened to, etc. I like some bluegrass, country and rap too.
3a. In rotation right now: My Brightest Diamond, Toad the Wet Sprocket, The White Stripes, Marina and the Diamonds, MisterWives, Agnes Obel, Jenny Lewis, Fischerspooner, The Smiths, Daughter and London Grammar
4. I will eat anything that does not have bell peppers in it. Currently super into: anything pickled, ethic "fast food", local meat, produce and cheese, anything appealing both to the visual palette as well as the tongue. Local wines and beer as well as spirits.
5. Other. Typewriters, record players, a good dirty martini with extra olives, flannel sheets, sexy shoes, pinup dresses, gardening, , convertibles, tea and anything handmade.
2. Something to do with my hands
3. A kitchen (I'll commandeer yours)
4. New experiences
5. A soft, sexy bed
6. Something to read
Mostly, as they said constantly on Dollhouse, "Was I my best?"
My first full length book published by a publisher (Llewellyn) is coming out at the end of the summer and I am terrified no one will read it.
If you are clearly poly. I am open to dating people of all genders and poly configurations but I am not one to quickly jump into bed. My poly configuration is not set up for "whatever happens, happens!".
If you are looking for a play partner for local events.
You understand I am not a unicorn, I'm a person. Yes! I will potentially date you as a couple if there's a good connection between us all. But! I'm not looking to complete your family. I have a family of my own, thank you. I'm not looking to cohabitate with anyone but my husband though we are open to dating someone together as well (but generally date solo).
You don't mind that I'm secretly shy and socially anxious. My life is very full and rewarding right now and yours should be too! I am often very busy and sometimes don't have a lot of time.
You should have something to bring to the table besides immediate demands for sexting because um, no.