What else...I'm a left-wing, sarcastic smart-ass with a kind heart and a long fuse. I know myself fairly well - superpowers, weird bits and all - and don't believe in pretending to be otherwise. I'm good to have around in a real crisis, but also at times when the crisis seems to be that we've run out of wine.
Looking to eventually find a partner but taking my time, cause I think love is the easy bit...trust and respect are harder but make the rest possible. So I'll happily go on living my life til I, hopefully, find what I want - a guy whose superpowers and weird bits complement mine...
It should (but sadly, doesn't) go with out saying that I don't want to spend my days with someone who is racist, homophobic, fundamentalist, etc. You guys should check out 'Ok Ass Hat' maybe.
- wishing I'd known that, once I chose my OKC nickname in a moment of impulsive smartassery, I'd be stuck with it for all eternity. Sigh.
- working for a great non-profit with people I love, who do great things for others
- meditating, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot
- choir! choir! choir!
- learning the guitar
- at the moment wishing I played the guitar well enough that I could say I play badly
- wishing I had a dog. A lot.
- throwing stuff out
- swimming, being on/in/near water whenever possible
- trying to be a good aunt to the fabulous kidlets in my life
- did I mention choir! choir! choir!?
I've also recently started doing career transition counselling - career therapy, really - for people who want to make a change or just feel stuck. It's a pretty intuitive process, partly cause I've had some really horrible work experiences, leading up to a career I love. I deeply, passionately believe that everyone deserves to feel good about what they do when Monday morning rolls around...
There. So much for not being list-y.
A good bed
A good shower
Six more things