I used to be a very physically active person, but a herniated disc and two back surgeries have now put me in a place that I'm approaching with both curiosity and trepidation - I need to find new activities that interest me. For the time being, those need to be pretty sedate, but I'm hoping that I can get back to full force eventually even if that means no more contact sports.
- I hate shopping, except at flea markets & REI
- I have season tickets for the SJ Earthquakes and ACT
- I'm sometimes too straightforward, which means I'm also not easily offended
- can bake kick-ass brownies and peanut butter cookies
- my cat thinks she owns the house
- school breaks are for traveling - been to 20-something countries so far (prefer ones with poor internet access)
- newest "hobby" is wine tasting, so my collection is growing
Apparently, you can hear me laughing all the way down the hall. I've had students on the first day of class tell me "so you're the one with the laugh", good to be famous for something!
I'm more of a Netflix fan than a TV viewer; haven't had cable for years. Netflix thinks I like cerebral dramas and romantic comedies, which seems to be right.
For music I tend to like individual songs, especially since that is the way they are purchased these days . . . my usual pandora station is Airborne Toxic Event or Empire of the Sun, but I'm sometimes in the mood for the "Bon Jovi" one. In the car, NPR is usually on.
I love all food except shellfish. Cooking is a joy when I have time to experiment, as is trying new restaurants. I get addicted to getting the perfect recipe for a dish - I've tried about 20 different mac&cheese recipes but haven't found the perfect variation yet.