That said, if I do find someone for "more", I'm looking for my partner in crime. OK, to elaborate, we would not actually be seeking out crime to partake in but I like the connotations it evokes. I want the balanced combination of physical, intellectual and emotional attractions. I guess I’m still naive enough to be holding out for the man that can set off fireworks in me (and I for him) with a kiss, enjoy a game of Catan, a day out on the town or a night cuddling on the couch AND has had enough experience in life, and in love to appreciate what an awesome relationship we create with each other.
Which is to say, I have yet to find someone willing to meet my expectations of a 50/50 relationship. Or As Dan Savage has put it, a GGG relationship. Not familiar with the term? Google "Savage Love Podcast" and enjoy (liberal sexual) education. :D
It's an interesting path, and I'm very much enjoying the adventure of doing something that fits my needs / eccentricities / never ending quests for self discovery &/or self improvement.
* Song of Ice & Fire Series by George R.R. Martin
* Feed by Mira Grant
* 1984 & Burmese Days by George Orwell
* I Am Legend by Richard Matheson - Loved loved loved the ending.
* Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
* Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (aka Dystopic Futures 101)
* Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
* Pretty much anything ever written by Chuck Palahniuk, Philippa Gregory, Ken Follett, Walley Lamb, David Sedaris, Anthony Bourdain, Dan Savage, Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Michael Crichton, Max Brooks, and a lots more that are slipping the mind at the moment.
* Also a big fan of a few comics: Y Last Man & The Walking Dead. I'm open to suggestions. :D
The Daily Show, Louie, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Shark Tank / Dragon's Den, All things Joss Whedon (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse), All things Aaron Sorkin (Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip, West Wing, The Newsroom), Most things BBC, LOST (cept for the ending), La Femme Nikita (the TV series not the original French or American movies), X-Files, The Office & Others I'm Forgetting At The Moment
Ignored on purpose. I can't begin to rationally list movies that have had an impact on me without feeling bad about forgetting a heap that my brain as forgotten I've internalized. :P
Radio / Podcasts...
The Moth, This American Life, Savage Love, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, Radio Lab
I'm addicted to Spotify. A few of my favorite bands include: M. Ward, Enimem, Modest Mouse, Mother Mother, Cake, Lady Gaga, Third Eye Blind, Harvey Danger, Butthole Surfers, *blush* Joss Whedon musicals, (hed) pe, Alanis Morissette, Ben Folds (Five), Collective Soul, Duncan Sheik, Fuel, Gaytar, Casionauts, Garbage, Godsmack, Green Day, La Roux, Limp Bizkit. Marilyn Manson, Northern State, The Trucks, Ok Go, Savage Garden, The Postal Service, The White Stripes, Yelle, Arcade Fire, Feist, Just Jack, Lily Allen, M.I.A., MGMT, Miike Snow, Morgan Page, Muse, Papa Roach, Santogold, Shiny Toy Guns, The Killers, The Ting Tings, The Verve Pipe, Passenger, Watsky, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metric, Macklemore, My God, The Heat, Artic Monkeys, Imagine Dragons, Foster The People and lots more I’m forgetting.
* My laptop, phone and the Internets. Cliche but the truth. I know I'm screwed if all things digital go poof one day. But if that happens, we're all screwed anyway. :P
* Side projects. I don't stay idle for very long before I have to throw myself into something, be it crafty stuff, or building the biggest fort ever on Minecraft, or dreaming up the perfect tiny house. Variety is the spice of life.
* HOT soapy showers.
* Games. Particularly of the board variety, but video/pc also a habit. Carcassonne is my favorite with Catan a close second.
2.) You know which weapon you'd grab before running out the door from an forthcoming hoard of lumbering zombies. Think fast, you only have time to grab one thing and it make the difference between life and death. :P