Native New Yorker. Brooklyn born and bred. I look (been told that anyway) and feel a lot younger than I actually am. I am a graphic designer by career, prepress manager for money. Cuban-American, yes I speak (pretty) fluent Spanish. Father of an 15 year old daughter that I share custody of. I teach her how a woman should be treated by a man and I will treat you with the same respect. Lead by example, as they say.
Some people say I'm the funniest guy they've ever met, some say I'm the most sarcastic guy they've ever met. Both compliments as far as I'm concerned. I play it cool but I am a total geek. I'm a Mac. I drive a Prius. I wear something black everyday (except maybe in the summer). I really don't know what to say here that won't sound like all the other crappy profiles you'll read on this site. I like everything. I like to go out, stay in, eat out, cook, go to concerts, take walks, get tattooed, spend time with my daughter. In addition to my day job as a graphic production manager for the music industry I do a lot of freelance graphic design and also DJ at a bar in my stomping grounds a few nights a month. It's a fun way to make some extra dough and play music that makes me feel like the arbiter of good taste. I also joined the gym for about the 8th time in the past ten years and actually decided to go religiously this time. It's working great so far and I am pleased with the changes. Lost 20 pounds this summer. Gotta keep it up.
I beat cancer seven years ago (you couldn't tell from looking at me). I won't allow it to define who I am, but since then I've definitely learned to make the best of what I have. I am 100% recovered and never felt better in my life.
I usually read biographies and true crime books. I am not crazy about fiction.
Favorite movies. Way too many to list but they include True Romance, Goodfellas, Scarface, Star Wars Original Trilogy, Eternal Sunshine, Boogie Nights, Spinal Tap and countless others. Anything Kubrick, PT Anderson or Scorcese will do.
TV shows; Seinfeld, The Odd Couple, Six Feet Under, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, South Park, Curb your Enthusiasm, Simpsons, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Game of Thrones, Louie. Sorry, Family Guy isn't funny.
Food; Anything really. I try to eat healthy but really? Nothing beats a great cheeseburger, a steak, sushi, raw oysters. I do enjoy vegetables as well (for all you vegans and vegetarians out there).
Things I've learned about looking at profile pictures on this site:
- "Social" drinkers sure do have a lot of pictures of themselves holding booze.
- Thanks for letting us know that the guy hugging up on you in your picture is gay.
- You may love your cat and/or dog, but you are NOT your cat and/or dog. Maybe a picture of you WITH your pet is OK.
- If you are taking a picture of yourself, try and hold the camera steady.
- Everyone ALWAYS looks their best at a wedding or similar social function.
- I know it's sunny out, but could ya take the cool sunglasses off for the photo. Please? I promise the sun will not blind you.
- What's with all the smoochie lips?
- No. You are not scenery or a poem.
- If there's more than one person in the picture, you might wanna tell us which one you are.
- No. You are not Monica Bellucci, Reese Witherspoon or Vida Guerra. Why are you using their picture? (Yes, I've seen them all)
- Can you please rotate your pics so they are right side up? I'm getting a crick in my neck looking at my computer screen sideways.
- Digital pictures of actual pictures? Not a great idea. Digital pictures of pictures on a computer screen? Even less of a great idea.
- Taking a picture of yourself in the mirror? There's a new thing out you should try. It's called Windex.
- OK. You went skydiving. We get it.
- OK. You swam with dolphins. We get that too.
- A picture of you in a wedding dress may not be the best way to lure 'em in.
- Try not to have your picture taken 2 blocks away from where you're standing. I understand the whole mystique about leaving things to the imagination but that is just plain ridiculous.
- Since you're looking for a "serious relationship", I would suggest taking off the tight-ass hoochie shorts and stop throwing your legs up while laying on the couch upside down. There's only one kind of relation you're gonna get like that... seriously.