I'm the kind of person who...
- can be quite shy, but I'm ok after a while!
- loves dogs (animals in general) more than people. But I can tolerate certain people, haha.
- loves laughing and making others laugh, at pretty much anything!
- is a pretty good listener... I have absurdly high empathy levels.
- spends a lot of time thinking about the nature of existence and the universe... I think I've nearly cracked it ;-) or not
- perennially dreams of conquering this world and putting it to rights.
- has a crippling fear of spiders. Evil little tyrants.
- absolutely hates beer. Seriously, it's disgusting. Now, red wine... that's something else. And vodka. Or rum. Or pacharan.
- can spend an inordinate amount of time playing videogames or binge-watching a series in one day or just procrastinating and not feel bad about it.
- abhors racism, sexism, discrimination and inequality in all its shapes and sizes. You can imagine the problems I have on Twitter.
- enjoys long walks in the park, or anywhere really!
- owns more than 4 Star Wars t-shirts. Among other items. Seriously though, I love Star Wars :-D
- once (at 25) kept an ant farm in my house for some entertainment. Until there was an escape attempt. Many (ant) lives were lost in the frenzy.
- dances alone at home like a crazy funk android.
- loves castles more than beaches (but will tolerate the latter..) and much more a fan of small, ancient towns than metropolises.
- bakes the best freaking brownies you'll ever taste. I'm currently teaching myself how to cook and it's going pretty well!
I'm from Belfast in Northern Ireland, and before any questions - I consider myself Northern Irish, neither British nor Irish. I simply take the best from both worlds and leave behind the worst 😄
Teaching English while considering entering politics, studying a new degree, writing a novel? Who knows? I haven't figured out what I'm best at yet... I blame our education system for that. And myself.
Music - Basically everything! The Smiths, Beatles, Radiohead, 2pac, Childish Gambino, Velvet Underground, Japandroids, Serge Gainsbourg, The Ronettes, Sam Cooke, Vampire Weekend, Black Keys, Beach House, Father John Misty, The National, The Clash, Major Lazer, The Coral, and the list will go on and on and on......
Movies - Star Wars, Monty Python, Science fiction, the Coen brothers, Aronofsky, Kurosawa, Star Wars, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Marvel etc would be a good place to start, independent films and anything a little on the curious/deep/philosophical side too... Complete cinéfilo ;-) and Star Wars.
TV - Game of Thrones, Cosmos, Father Ted, Spaced, Episodes, Arrested Development, Bob's Burgers, Brooklyn Nine Nine, South Park, Rick and Morty, Star Wars Rebels, Last Man on Earth, Last Week Tonight, Stranger Things, Bojack Horseman, The 100, Black Mirror, Black Books, Fargo/House of Cards/Daredevil/Netflix in general... and so so many more!
Food - pretty much anything except seafood (seriously, anything under the water) or offal... Indian, Italian, Mexican, Lebanese/Syrian being at the top of that list!
Games (this absolutely should be a category) - strategy games of any type! (Paradox games especially..), Star Citizen, Elder Scrolls, Telltale games, Battlefield, PS4, Mass Effect, Fallout, GTA, Arma and flight simulators. And lots of little games like Prison Architect, This War of Mine and Papers Please. If you don't think that games can (but not always obviously) be a form of art, cheerio and try not to fall off your high horse!
It seems outrageous but I actually do have time for all this stuff! I just don't sleep very much :-D
Science fiction/anything that opens the mind
The news (preferably of the BBC/NYT/Guardian variety)
My beautiful PC
Cheese (basically any type)
But mainly I think about... everything. I overthink, like many people these days.
Basically, despite what others may think - I'm not a misanthrope, I just find social situations to be quite taxing sometimes... so I prefer going out with small groups of good friends, rather than huge parties.
You like your music like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la6Ohm3dobk
Or if you can listen to this (one of my absolute favourite songs) and not stop yourself from dancing!